Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Will volume reducers stop rp23 from bottoming out
  • ticsmon

Fox rp23 is going through all it’s travel very easily. Tried putting a bit more air in (down to 20% sag) and it’s still travelling through to easily. Will volume reducers help or will I have to get it tuned ?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

it’ll help it ramp up through its travel, so while it won’t physically stop you bottoming out, it’ll make it less likely. fox’s do blow through their travel relatively easily (pretty linear), and volume spacers are an easy cure.

Yetiman
    Free Member

As above, volume reducers will mask the problem to a certain extent, but all you are doing is hampering the performance in other areas and you haven’t really sorted the main problem. In my experience I wouldn’t bother with them, just go straight to the tuning options. One of the best air shocks I’ve ever used was my old Push tuned Float R. A really basic shock that was transformed by TF Tuned, and is still in service as a spare. It went from being a wallowy old thing to supple and controlled, with sag set at 30-35%. It isn’t a cheap upgrade but it is worth every penny IMHO.

There’s also an Avalanche Speed Sensitive Damper upgrade for the RP23. A few folk on here are running Avalanche forks and shocks, myself included, and really rate their work. You’d need to send the shock to the USA though, and this can take a few weeks depending on workload.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Fox%20DHX/Fox%20Float%20RP23%20SSD%20Mods.htm

Northwind

I dont think it’s fair to say it hampers the performance- sometimes, the air can fitted is just too big, changing that’s a legit tuning option too. (agree with the rest of the post though, compression tuning could be the answer here)

The aircan spacers are a nice option as they’re so quick and easy to fit, you can do it trailside if you want to do a/b testing etc- useful if just for experimentation/ruling out options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Will volume reducers stop rp23 from bottoming out’ is closed to new replies.