Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Will this fit my bike?
  • winrya
    Free Member

I won some evans vouchers recently and want to spend some of them on a new saddle for my road bike. Currently running a selle italia saddle on a cube peleton pro 2012 (and the cramp is unbearable).

A friend of mine has a specialized romin evo which I’ve had a go on and feels superb. Looking on the evans site they don’t have the £80 version in stock, only the carbon railed £100 version.

I’m not worried about the extra £20 but the small print states ‘NOTE: Oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails’

I assume this is a special clamb but 3 people have asked the question on the evans site and 2 state it will fit and 1 answer says it will not? The link http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/bg-romin-evo-pro-saddle-ec034166#answers

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Also, Schwalbe ultremo zx tyres or Continental gp4000s?

Cheers,

Ryan

druidh
    Free Member

Frankly, either. Both excellent.

faz083
    Free Member

I think the carbon bars are 9mm and require a bigger clamp, but may be wrong.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Contis FTW.

Saddles are so personal, I don’t really think anyone can tell you what’s perfect!

JoeG
    Free Member

Most metal (CrMo, Ti, etc) saddle rails are 7mm diameter. Carbon rails are often a different depending on the manufacturer, and many are not round in cross section.

Part of this writeup may explain things a little better.

monkeyboyjc

If the seat post on your Cube is the stock Easton one – the saddle will fit fine…

Basically the carbon rails are ovalised – 7mm wide like ‘standard’ rails, and 9mm high, wich is why they dont fit seatposts with side loaded seat post clamps.

winrya
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I’ll have to wait for the £80 version to come back into stock.

Seems the contis are popular, pity they don’t do any coloured versions as I really like the look of the schwalbe tyres 🙂

winrya
    Free Member

If the seat post on your Cube is the stock Easton one – the saddle will fit fine…

Basically the carbon rails are ovalised – 7mm wide like ‘standard’ rails, and 9mm high, wich is why they dont fit seatposts with side loaded seat post clamps.

Are you certain of this as I really like that reply 😀

monkeyboyjc

As long as its the stock post –

– then yes it’ll fit, the seat post will clamp down onto the standard 7mm wide rails (they are just 9mm high).

winrya
    Free Member

Brilliant, yep its the standard post and I cannot wait to not have to sit on that saddle again 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Ultremos feel very floaty, and nice… but are thin as, GP4000s are proper sticky, fast, and tough as boots.

Taff
    Free Member

The Ultremos are grippy but within 500m the sidewalls start falling apart.

cadel89
    Free Member

Winrya how are you? Well today I am in your same dilemma and I just wanted to confirm that you haven`t had any problem… hope your saddle is going good!!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Yeah, as above. Ultremos are almost as fast as my Supersonics, but very delicate. GP4000s are boring but reliable.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Will this fit my bike?’ is closed to new replies.