Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • will there be a titus fireline 29er titanium V2?
  • scandalous
    Free Member

I am a big fan of on one as a company but have been round long enough to know that their v2 of all their frames are nearly always better than the originals.

to that end, will there be a V2 of the fireline titanium?

If so, when?

brant
    Free Member

Surely that would have to be the Titus Fireline 29 Evo2?

scandalous
    Free Member

when will that be out please??!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fenred
    Free Member

OOOOOOOooooh “Evo” 😉

brant
    Free Member

For me, the Fireline is rocking. It’s an oddball model and not set for revision “this year” as I think it’s fine and I’ve lots to do. There’s another batch about to complete.

Aside from the QC issue on the brake mount, which meant some people got a billy bargain on the few “File-Line” frames out there, I’m happy with it. The straight seat tube which made people hack parts of perfectly good front mechs – yeah – sorry – that’s a compromise I should have made clearer as:-

1) 1×10 rocks
    2) 1×11 rocks more (apparently)
    3) Custom modifying things is cool

However
    1) We could have told people better
    2) See point 1.

It’s very easy to fix the front mech issue and forward offset the seat tube on the downtube or put a bend in it.

However.

1) The seat tube is MASSIVELY important in terms of supporting the BB under pedalling load.
    2) Bending the seat tube reduces the amount you can drop the saddle
    3) Bending the seat tube needs a new ti bending mold.

We are working on all that for a new version, just as Apple have people working on an iPhone8 and using iPhone7.

So – yes – it’s true. There will be a new version. But I have a ton of stuff to do first (Codiene, EL G 29, RT59, Fireline Alloy, Kaffenback Trail, Bum Gun, Spike 29, Floater Evo) so it’s not out soon.

scandalous
    Free Member

*semi*

wwaswas

I have no idea what a Bum Gun is but it sounds like it might be interesting.

khani
    Free Member

Bum Gun

I’m hoping its a dropper post, for all our sakes… 😯
    Edit… EVO!!! S’like well wikkid Innit!..

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i avoided this frame, because of the straight ST – may consider one with a curved ST though

my on one ti 29er frame (lynskey built) had a curved ST and the BB stiffness was fine

the mech issue on my first 29er from on one needed hacking (a pre-ordered 29er Scandal around 2007-ish) – so not really a new issue?

scotroutes

To be made in various non-standard sizes?

brant
    Free Member

Not to mention the 853 456 650b Evo2

fenred
    Free Member

How’s about a nice posh (853) Inbred 29er frame Brant? There’s got to be a gap in the market?

wwaswas

I thought on-one and 650B was a bit of a ‘only if the bottom falls out of the 26″ market’ type of thing? Has it?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Stop day tripping to foreign shores and get the bloody Codine stocked … 😉

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Brant do you have an idea when the EG 29 will be available, cash waiting here 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

I thought on-one and 650B was a bit of a ‘only if the bottom falls out of the 26″ market’ type of thing? Has it?

That’s already happened, hasn’t it? I seriously doubt 650b would happen at On One though. Not unless Brant fancied a really good laugh.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Brant do you have an idea when the EG 29 will be available, cash waiting here

Yeah would be good to have an idea. I otherwise have a Whyte T129S nagging at me.

Cheezpleez

Brant, please can I have a C456 29er with SS/geared swapouts and chainstays as short as a Kona Honzo? Thanks.

Actually, I’ll have two.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Cheezpleez —————- more sense getting a fileline init

d4ddydo666

Tell us more bout the kaffenback trail… You may yet save me from going Cotic, esp if you do an 853 😉

brant
    Free Member

1) The seat tube is MASSIVELY important in terms of supporting the BB under pedalling load.
    2) Bending the seat tube reduces the amount you can drop the saddle
    3) Bending the seat tube needs a new ti bending mold.

Sorry. Point 1 was meant to discuss the fact that offsetting a straight seat tube forward would need a bunch of fatigue testing which isn’t a quick process.

To others, more news soon.

d4ddydo666

Aaaw c’mon, I’m bored as hell sat in hospital with a broken finger, gimme sumat to get excited by until the Codeine kicks in 😉

the_lecht_rocks

ferk moi – i’ve had my FLE 2 weeks and it’s ferkin awesome. whatever magic brant weaved on the Gen Arrgt ive nae idea but it rides FAST, remains agile and the HA is genius mated with the short rear CS.

i CAN NOT wait for the new Glenlivet trails to open to thrash the FLE to it’s max.

thanks brant – it superseded and super improved upon my Ti456.

oh – the mech mod and brake mod was well worth £200 reduction , thanks ! no issue, no problems 🙂

bratty

No that will be why the Bum gun is coming out then?

frazchops
    Free Member

Fireline alloy! When?

mattjg
    Free Member

If we’re on O1 wishlists I’d like to put in for a sensible money Krampus-alike please. 1xX, rigid, SSable, the big 29+ wheels, you know the drift.

Then my bike portfolio is complete and I can stop wasting my life on biking forums.

ajc
    Free Member

TLR in emperor’s new clothes shocker.

brant
    Free Member

Krampus-alike please. 1xX, rigid, SSable, the big 29+ wheels, you know the drift.

you mean a Krampus then?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘will there be a titus fireline 29er titanium V2?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts