Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Will the Superstar XCR Chainguide work with my Truvativ Stylo Chainset?
  • Rich
    Free Member

With a Gigapipe GXP (or something like) BB?

I can’t really work out how fitting this inbetween the bb cup and frame wont affect the bb, especially if you need a few spacers as well. Will the axle still poke through the other side of the frame the right amount?

I’d rather get a Jump Stop but there is a great big pivot where it mounts!

This one.

Rich
    Free Member

I don’t think it would, would it?

Because I wouldn’t be using the inner ring position, would this have the range to cover the middle (but only) ring?

Maybe I should just go to bed!! 😉

Northwind

GXP is their external standard isn’t it? The chainguide replaces a spacer so, as long as you have at least one spacer on the drive side, you’re golden, but if you’ve no spacers then you’re boned. Just found a GXP manual and it suggests that they run no driveside spacers if you have a 73mm shell so, that would be a problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    james
    Free Member

With a 73mm BB shell you have just enough space between the frame and BB cup to fit it (assuming truvativ GXP uses one 2.5mm spacer as per shimano?) This gives you no adjustment for the guide however. I’ve since tried spacing the chainguide piece from the backplate, but this will only help you if the chain happens to too far outward, which is unlikely
    (I only have this problem because I’m using a 73mm octalink BB in a 68mm BB shell frame, so to account for this spacing the guide out 2.5mm from the backplate will put it in the proper position if I had a 73mm BB shell frame and had the XCR between frame and BB cup)
    If you have a 68mm BB shell (if its a FSer, then its more unlikely) then you have 5mm space between BB cup and frame in which to mount the chainguide and the supplied spacers

EDIT: Just read the above post re: GXP, 73mm shell and no spacers.
    Also just clicked on the link, I thought the XCR backplate was 2.5mm thick as per shimano BB spacers. They say they’re 2mm, which would give 0.5mm to play with positioning if it were replacing one spacer

Rich
    Free Member

Wow, complicated stuff!

So what would you guys do to run a 1×9 setup with the above chainset on a Yeti 575?

I can fit a bashguard to take care of the outer side, but what about the chain coming off the inside?

Thanks. 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Will the Superstar XCR Chainguide work with my Truvativ Stylo Chainset?’ is closed to new replies.