Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Will the new Shimano Ultegra 6700 prices fall or go up?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Merlin got a deal on the road groupset for £530 at the mo. Does anyone know if these prices are likely to go up or down in teh next 6 months. i.e. Should I wait it out or get it now while the price is good? I have old 105 groupset but a nice new Ribble sportive frame 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

£530 is a ridiculous price. Buy it.

njee20
    Free Member

It'll only go up, buy that now.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Do you think? I shouldn't really 😉 Tiz a bit naughty as my 105 still works OK although the front mech shifter isn't that great these days 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you bought the levers and chainset at RRP then you would almost hit that price.

ourmaninthenorth

Let me look into my crystal ball of commodity prices and the continuing effects of recession on international trade…. 🙂

(PS I'm not really Mystic Meg – buy it and offset some of the cost by selling your s/h 105 kit).

foxyrider
    Free Member

would be going from a triple to a double thats the only real problem 😯

therevokid
    Free Member

buy it …. i would but my 6600 double is only 250 miles
    old and the financial manager would take parts of me in
    payment (retribution ??) 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

You know you're going to do it so buy it now while it's on offer!! 😉

You'd probably get a bit for the shifters/cranks at least 2nd hand.

foxyrider
    Free Member

just worked out my gear inches:

105 tripple set: 34.3-119.5 gear inches
    Ultegra compact 6700: 38-119 gear inches

so very similar but the jumps would probably be a little bigger the lower the gear inches than at present?

fbk
    Free Member

Get an 11-28 cassette and you'll be fine – that's what I've done.

Yes you might get more obvious gaps between the gears but think of the weight saving and greater acceptance from the Roady community 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL- Have to clear it with my wife first 😉

Swalsey
    Free Member

Get a double! You barely loose anything and worst case scenario is you'll get fitter or maybe a better cadence

foxyrider
    Free Member

Right phone the wife time – I'll get 1% back on my CC so brings it down to £525 😉

CHB

Don't do it.
    Buy a complete Ultegra carbon bike from Planet X for £999 instead.

sofatester
    Free Member

Buy a complete Ultegra carbon bike from Planet X for £999 instead

Cunning dear fellow, very cunning!

samuri
    Free Member

"Hi love, you know that groupset I just asked if I could buy for £530 and you said yes? Well one of the lads over on singletrack just had a brilliant idea and suggested I buy an *entire* bike for a grand. So since you'd already said yes I've done that. Isn't singletrackworld fantastic!!?….

Sorry? Rearrange what words? 'Sofa' 'on' 'sleeping' 'the'?…."

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just bought the Ribble sportive frame – but the 4 year old groupset I got on it now is OK but the shifters are getting a little dodgy and the rings are now starting to scallop on teh teeth so prob only 6 months left on those I would think?

My wife she says yes and will lend me the money 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

find out the rrp, work out the percent saving then tell the wife it is x % cheaper, therefore it is a bargin. Steer the conversation away from any mention of the actual price.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I like your thinking there mrmo, thinking like a woman. My GF bought a shed load of baby clothes at the weekend purely because they were half price.

samuri
    Free Member

do you have a baby?

Mister-P
    Free Member

LOL, yes but not one who needs 3 wardrobes full of clothes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

No I dont a baby or a pet, don't smoke, dont drink too much so few outgoings (ex pension, mortguage) apart from my bike stuff. Biking is my main hobby (MTB's sorted – no upgrading there!).

BOUGHT now so the damage is done – early xmas pressie 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Will the new Shimano Ultegra 6700 prices fall or go up?’ is closed to new replies.