Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Will the mega track be rideable the week after the race?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

We’re thinking of popping down to Alpe d’Huez and Les 2 Alpes on our European trip this summer but our timing would get us there immediately after the race.

Anyone know from previous years if the mega track will be open the week after – and also if it’ll be worth riding or too knackered from the race?

gus
    Free Member

90% sure it will be open. Its marked on the trail map as a run and if I recall its sign posted.
    Would think it would still be worth riding.
    Some of the more man made trails in Alpe d’Huez are pretty brake bumped out after Mega week, but the I think most of the course will be ok.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some of the more man made trails in Alpe d’Huez are pretty brake bumped out after Mega week

there bumped out by the middle of mega week!

gus
    Free Member

Yeah come to think of it the berms under the DMC are done in on the 2nd Day!
    Anyone know if they sort them out or do they stay like that for the summer?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The Mega course was still open and signposted in the last week of the season last year (end of August). Its one of the numbered runs on the resort map. Don’t remember any problems with braking bumps on that run and only one or two of the other runs had bad braking bumps.

chakaping
    Free Member

cool, cheers guys

grum
    Free Member

Make sure you do the qualifier track too, that was my favourite bit year before last (though I guess it may well have changed).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Will the mega track be rideable the week after the race?’ is closed to new replies.