Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Will the Kindle Fire HD challenge the iPad?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Nope. They’ll create a different market, although with some overlap. Tablets aren’t things people buy because they need them, they are nice-to-have additions.

Those folk who want to spend £££ on a swish device will continue to buy Apple, but now there’s a(nother) cheaper (and smaller) option for those who just want a handy device and don’t want to splash out too much.

In a similar way to the way the Ford Fiesta doesn’t challenge sales of the Mercedes E-Class.

molgrips
    Free Member

HDMI out makes it a bit more useful for a “portable media centre” type thing as well..

Really? When do you find yourself sitting in front of a large screen TV that you can plug into? I do sometimes, when I’m in a hotel that hasn’t covered up the TV sockets, but then I also want to be using the computer at the same time so that would call for unfeasibly long cables and inconvenience.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a pint of “old speckled hen” from my local on Friday and it was yuk. Whats happened to it?
    I had a pint of “london pride” from my club on Saturday and it was yuk. But it’s always been that way.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

For what it’s worth – I have an iPad and a Nexus 7. Since the Nexus arrived the iPad has seen very little use. In fact I only use it for iPlayer and that is because BBC have not released iPlayer for Android Jelly Bean yet. Regarding the small screen and eyesight, My eyes are fairly knackered but find most android apps have adjustable font size or the size is ok to start with as they are primarily designed for 4inch screens.

GrahamS

Regarding breadcrumb’s point about nasty Apple suing for patent infringement.

HTC suing Apple:
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/09/htc-could-win-us-ipad-and-iphone-5-sales-ban-in-big-patent-win-for-team-android/

And previously, Motorola suing Apple:
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/12/motorola-wins-europe-wide-sales-ban-against-ios-devices/

All tech companies do it. But for some reason only Apple get portrayed as a “bully” for defending its patents.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Will the Kindle Fire HD challenge the iPad?’ is closed to new replies.