Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will the damper from Rockshox 29 SID fit in 26 Revelation?
  • wookie
    Free Member

The lockout on my 26 revs has failed and i have a uplift booked @BPW on Monday and really want to get it sorted by then.

Im going to strip the revs over the weekend and hopefully fix the problem but if its not possible can i use the damper from the 29 SID in the 26 Revs?

The forks are both 2013 and RCT3 dampers.

Full spec for each fork :

Rockshox SID RCT3 120mm Solo Air / Tapered / 29 Inch with 15mm Axle / Black / Crown Adjust

Rockshox Revelation RCT3 SoloAir MaxleLite15 Motion Control MTB Fork Maxle/1.5 to 1 1/8 Tapered/150mm White

Cheers
    Steve

andysmiff1
    Free Member

From memory I think the SID MoCo unit is shorter than the Revelation one, so it would “fit” but don’t think it will work too well.

haggis1978

My LBS fitted a Sid one to my revelation a couple of years ago on the advise of rockshox only to add more oil. Think the moco unit must be 15mm in the oil

wookie
    Free Member

From the sound of it the length is a big variable. Think ill take out both dampers and visually compare them to start with.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Do you really need the lockout for an uplift day?

wookie
    Free Member

Do you really need the lockout for an uplift day?

No not at all but the lockout has failed because one of the screws inside has come loose and is floating around somewhere inside the forks, hence not a good idea to ride them lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will the damper from Rockshox 29 SID fit in 26 Revelation?’ is closed to new replies.