Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Will Sram develop a cheaper version of the XX1 drivetrain
  • rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Has anyone spotted anything on the net regards a lower spec version of Sram’s XX1 drivetrain?

tomhoward

Not yet but I’d bet lots of valuable things that it will come. That’s lowER cost, not low cost though…

crankrider
    Free Member

I am considering this setup – but cassette price bites…

11-38t 10 speed cassettes: 11-38t 10 speed cassettes

and for rings (they have said on facebook a 104bcd version will also be made…

Ring – Works Components rings

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Hi Bwaarp/ tomhoward

Spotted that item the other night, wonder how well it would work with most rear mech quoting a range upto 36tooth? Also a bit pricey for just four cassette rings.

Agree that behind the closed doors sram are possibly flat out on other lower spec (and hopefully cost)groupsets.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

That is one great piece of CNC work, what front ring you thinking of running?

crankrider
    Free Member

Just had a look at that General Lee cassette, very nice.

Looks like a cheaper alternative to the KCNC (though al v titatium in the mud?) – Tempted to pair one of these cassettes to a Works ring to see if i can get 10/11ths of an xx1 drivetrain without the costs….

Cant see sram taking long to trickle the tech down though.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Hi Bwaarp/ tomhoward

Spotted that item the other night, wonder how well it would work with most rear mech quoting a range upto 36tooth? Also a bit pricey for just four cassette rings.

Agree that behind the closed doors sram are possibly flat out on other lower spec (and hopefully cost)groupsets.

Well Pinkbike say they work fine with the long cage Zee and X9 rear mechs. However they did state shifting was better with the X9.

40 at the back at 34 up front would give me enough range to drop the double setup on my Mega.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Will Sram develop a cheaper version of the XX1 drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.