Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will SRAM Changers work with Shimano cassette, chain and Chainset setup
  • fisgard
    Free Member

question for the those who may know

will a setup of SRAM changers, SRAM Rear derailleur work with Shimano transmission.

i suppose what matters if the spacing between the shimano cassette rings is the same as a SRAM cassette rings, it would eliminate the derailleur parallelogram mismatch

i ask because i have sram x0 10 speed changers and derailleur, and can readily access an XT dual chainset, HG-X chain and 10 speed cassette, cannae afford to go full one way or the other

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, AFAIK the chain and cassette have to match, and the shifters and mech have to match, but nothing else does.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Only the rear mech and shifter need to match as far as I remember, they have different pull ratios on the rear but the same on the front.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gorehound
    Free Member

The only time you’ll have problems is when you mix sram and shimano mechs and shifters chains, cassettes and chainrings wont make any difference.

ChrisE
    Free Member

No probs.

I much prefer SRAM cassettes and chains though, so if you have a choice…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

chains, cassettes and chainrings wont make any difference.

true of 9s but not (supposedly) of 10s, one went with narrower sprockets and kept the chain plates the same thickness (i.e. the gap down the middle got narrower), the other kept the gap and sprocket thickness but made the plates thinner. It might work (especially thick gaps on thin sprockets, but then that’s the worst of both worlds), but seeing as the prices and weights are all comparable it seems silly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will SRAM Changers work with Shimano cassette, chain and Chainset setup’ is closed to new replies.