• This topic has 47 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Will someone please buy this Crosscheck as i'm sick of seeing it!
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/chrisb

i would buy it but not for the asking price….. 😯

PiknMix
    Free Member

At least the shoes have disappeared 😉

Shorty12
    Free Member

I keep seeing it. I’m tempted but not at that price.

irc

Yup! Bored of seeing it on ebay. I’m looking for a second hand 60cm Crosscheck frame but that price is a joke.

Buy new with free postage for £309 and get full retail warranty or pay £34 less (plus postage) for a second hand frame with associated risks and no warranty? Wonder why it hasn’t sold? And unlike the seller I don’t consider a respray as an upgrade.

Second hand frame in near new condition with original paintwork to show any dents or scratches – 2/3rds new price tops? In fact I’d probably be looking at around £180 plus postage or I’d rather just buy a new one.

tthew

I was looking at that thinking, eh? seems like a bargain for that bike. Took me a while to realise what was in the picure wasn’t what he was selling. Very shady, (and yes, overpiced!)

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

But what make’s folk think that by reposting an add dozens and dozens of times is a good thing?

i’ve reposted items a couple of times or so sure, but then you get the hint and hit the Bay instead.

robdob
    Free Member

I keep reading his ads and thinking his stuff, while isn’t mega expensive, is just a bit too much. Hadn’t noticed the Surly.

Andy

Is indeed tedious. I have no idea what he is selling now as I gave up opening his threads a while ago. And yes the Crosscheck looks lovely, but is a bit expensive

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not as bad as seeing suspension forks with V brake bosses for £150

How old must they be?
    I bet they were less new!!

Agreed it is overpriced and that is why it wont sell

BigDummy
    Free Member

You bastards. It’s his favourite colour. Why wouldn’t you pay more for that?

clubber
    Free Member

I’d pay more if it was in not his favourite colour. But only if correctly punctuated.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I really liked the wheels hes selling, would have been perfect for a retro build as I’m needing some rimbrakes. The I saw the £150 quid pricetag….wtf?

Speaking of which, I’m keen to avoid such a flaming, so how much is my 94 vintage Cindercone singlespeed (with knackered rear hub worth) before I post it.

clubber
    Free Member

If it’s 20″, about £5 and a mars bar. Let me know how to pay 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

Its a medium otherwise I’d have taken your hand off.

ElShalimo

The for sale thread isn’t as much fun without the handmade clown shoes of varying sizes

pop-larkin
    Free Member

It’s also the attitude of no offers when quite clearly th kit is overpriced or it would ave sold months ago

ton

I was considering buying the leather jacket, I reckon I would look quite fetching in it…. 8)

northernmatt

I asked him about the Bombers before he put the separate prices in there. I was expecting about £50, got a shock when he asked for £90.

MussEd
    Free Member

I miss the various ‘custom’ clothing/footwear. All bogging, all different sizes and all eye-wateringly expensive.

letmetalktomark

I tried buying the 721 wheels ….. Still got my cash.

earl_brutus

Damn did someone buy the tassel comedy loafers? Was hoping for them in my Xmas stocking 🙄

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m rocking those tassel bad boys right now, too good to pass up.

fatboyjon

Has he got a Shimano LX Silent Clutch hub though? I miss that hub, it was like smelling mum’s cooking, made me feel I was at home.

Mister-P
    Free Member

You lot are cruel. He may see this thread and be upset by it. Although probably not, he is one of those classifieds only types isn’t he?

PePPeR

No one’s going to buy a crosscheck frame after reading the bikes you hate thread… 🙂

BillOddie

Use the old Chocolatefoot bartering method…

Offer him some Mustelids!

grahamg
    Free Member

*shouts from the protection of the crowd* BAN HIM!

gil_

To be fair to the guy a bought a dented Cross Check off him for £50, arranged a pick up all was as expected 🙂

Reading between the lines the one he is now selling must be an insurance replacement for the dented frame I now have, so guessing it cost him very little and they tried to match original frame colour ~ at a guess…

Anyway love me new dented CX, just what I needed for the winter slop..

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Someone should send him a link to this thread.

Just thinking, like… 😉

Babyjack
    Free Member

Could somebody please buy this as well,

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-surely-the-lightest-29er-carbon-xc-bike-for-sale-xx-and-carbon-wheels-1

He’s only advertised it 17 times, so come on guys, it is the lightest…

shortcut

That Highball is nice but £3299 for a second hand bike feels like a lot regardless of purchase price. Also DMR vaults on a light XC bike. Come on.

lightman
    Free Member

Someone should’ve bought it last month when he had it £100 cheaper!

asherh
    Free Member

There does seem to be a relatively large market on STW classifieds and PB for exotic bikes ridden “less than ten times” before selling. I realise we don’t know everyone’s back story, but how on earth can some deem it sensible commit to £3k+ on a bike they aren’t sure they like/have the time to ride? At least those that can’t justify brand new high-end kit can benefit from some of the muppets that can.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Down to £239 on Ebay now. I’m no expert but with Ebay and Paypal fee’s wouldn’t that net out to around the £205-206 mark? Bit different to the ‘firm’ price on here!!

Speeder

Just ban him +1 – doesn’t bring anything to the forum and just clogs up the classifieds with tat that he constantly re-posts over and over again.

bruneep

Didn’t sell for £199 so relisted it for £249 😕

RoganJosh
    Free Member

The out of order bit is that conti gp4000 tyre that was skidded down to the threads, and when a couple (me being one), advised him that it was neither safe nor fair for anyone to naively purchase and then ride, he just changed the picture to a side view.

:-/

robdob
    Free Member

You mean this picture? 😉

I’ve added it to his sale listing to help him. I do love to help. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

He’s had the picture removed!!!

Wouldn’t trust him at all as a seller, and I was really interested in that Stumpy frame and forks too. Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Will someone please buy this Crosscheck as i'm sick of seeing it!’ is closed to new replies.