Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Will road bike wheels/tyres fit a 26'er On-One Inbred?
  • flange
    Free Member

I want to build up a tourer and I’ve got an On-one inbred sat in the garage, a set of 700c disc wheels and associated gubbins. Will this work, or should I just cough up for a niner frame?

JustRide
    Free Member

Try fitting a wheel and you will find out for yourself

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Yes

Rik
    Free Member

They don’t fit in a ti456 for reference – they hit the wishbone seat stay.

miketually
    Free Member

The answer is ‘possibly’. Rim width and tyre choice might mean not, but only way to tell is to try.

flange
    Free Member

Sounds fair enough – I’m doing the ‘sat at work day dreaming about clearing off on the bike’ thing, bike is in Suffolk, I’m in Guildford so I can’t check until the weekend.

Cheers for the replies

andyh2
    Free Member

700 wheel with 700x37mm CX tyre just fits in my sliding dropout Inbred with dropouts at 1/2 way point of adjustment. Would probably take a 700x32mm with mudguard clearance if adjustment.taken as far back as it can go.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve done it – 700x28s IIRC. I reckon 700×32 might work.

Barteos
    Free Member

You DON’T NEED 700C wheels/tyres to ride on the road.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JJzMcyeOt6mjIp1sEy6WBtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The tyres are Schwalbe Kojacks 2.00 run tubeless on Stans Flow rims at 25-30PSI FR and 40-50PSI REAR (no need for more). I keep up with my roadie mates without any problems. Actually on bad roads it’s them who needs to work harder…

emac65
    Free Member

Yes,they do so long as you use road tyres on it,well actually if you run the Inbred steel fork you can get a full on MTB tyre on the front as well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Will road bike wheels/tyres fit a 26'er On-One Inbred?’ is closed to new replies.