Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Will reception improve in iphone 6 vs iphone 4
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Interested in knowing if the mobile reception will improve if I were to upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a iphone 6 as a few of my colleagues are on the same network and invariably receive a 3G signal compared to my ‘E’ signal. This is what the lad in the shop intimated but I am a bit sceptical…

Stu_N

I went from a 4S to a 6 and I think reception is a bit better. It doesn’t drop 3G on the train into work any more and seems to find useable signal in a few places I never used to. Could be a coincidence with new masts coming online around same time as I got the new phone though…

CountZero

Bigger device, bigger antenna. Plus the tech has generally moved on somewhat. I can’t say as I had too many issues with my old 4, but its replacement 5, and now 6+ do seem to connect and get stronger, more consistent signals in places like my workplace, which is one large steel box on an industrial estate.

footflaps

There does seem to be a fair bit of variation between Apple products e.g. my iPad mini has much better Wifi reception than my wife’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Will reception improve in iphone 6 vs iphone 4’ is closed to new replies.