• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nana515-spam.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • will my Netflix work abroad?
  • Pook

I’ve got Netflix on the mobile. Will it work in Europe?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

Well – mine worked in the US. It even said ‘Hi molgrips, it looks like you are in the USA. Be aware that your selection of programmes might be different’ so it looks like they are catering for travellers.

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Depends where your going in Europe, Netflix isnt available in France so won’t work natively.
    You’ll need to use a different dns or VPN or some other way of viewing Netflix abroad.

firestarter
    Free Member

Mines worked abroad just had different content on it

sc-xc

Mine didn’t work in France last week, even tried using unblock US.

Pook

I’m off to Germany via Holland, returning via France

I realise this is a daft route.

poonprice
    Free Member

Mine didn’t work in France last week, even tried using unblock US.

I think you must have done something wrong!

My UK subscription works fine in Australia using unblock-us.com

markgraylish
    Free Member

I have a Canadian Netflix account and can use a British or US VPN to access UK or US content.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Didn’t work in holland last time I tried.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Someone on here told me to download the hola extension in google chrome. It worked a treat.

Edit, just read you said on mobile. Depends if you can fool the mobile into thinking you’re in a Netflix country. I don’t know why, but France doesn’t have Netflix at present.

WillH

Install Hola on your device and while you’re away you can use it to tell Netflix that you’re still in the UK. You can also use it (either while you’re away or from home) to tell it you’re in the US, Canada, or any other place where Netflix is available, and you can use your normal login details to access the shows on that particular network. As molgrips mentioned, the selection of shows varies from region to region.

ktaylor
    Free Member

Just installed Hola on my Android phone and discovered the joys of US Netflix. Now got seven series of The West Wing to wade through. Is this as bad as pirating? Can I expect an imminent visit by the CIA?

Milkie
    Free Member

UK Netflix didn’t work for me in France and Portugal.

cranberry
    Free Member

Didn’t work in holland last time I tried.

<panto>
    Oh yes it does!
    </panto>

Netflix will work fine over here – I was using it on Sunday. As said, the selection will be somewhat different to the UK.

firestarter
    Free Member

Just remembered i have hola installed too

iolo
    Free Member

Are you on vacation? if yes do you really need Netflix? Maybe go and see local attractions, drink wine in bars etc.
    If you insist on watching tv and netflix don’t work install filmon for tv channels. Works in Wifi well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘will my Netflix work abroad?’ is closed to new replies.