Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 229 total)
  • Will it kick off big time in Londn tomorrow?
  • kimbers

yep RBS building is getting a kicking

apparently one of the only buildings on the route, that didnt board up their windows

seems to be another outstanding display of intelligence from the bank that rewarded fred the shed for his spectacular success

wait a minute dont we all own a bit of rbs after the bail out??

brakes
    Free Member

Sky News are trying their hardest to make it sound more entertaining than it is

kimbers

its live on the bbc web page

bbc

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Shit; shooduv got down there, and nabbed a new computer!

nickname
    Free Member

Oh lord 😯

HTTP404
    Free Member

when the city workers all turned up in casual dress – it would have been interesting to see all the demonstrators turn up in suits. 🙂

sadly, tax payers will be paying for 80% of those RBS windows

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Police are now penning people in, and not allowing people in or out. Seems they’re now squeezing people into a tighter and tighter space. Classic provocative tactics, which will undoubtedly provoke an aggressive response.

Clear to see on BBC live footage.

They should allow people to leave, if they want to. What’s the sense in holding people in a small area, and not allowing them freedom of movement?

The police were doing well until that point.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

police are putting on riot gear apparently….

1405 The BBC’s Daniel Boettcher says: A dozen or so police officers are putting on riot gear. On this corner of Threadneedle Street some of the protesters have been surging forward trying to push through the police line. The police have blocked off all approaches to the square, they are letting people out but no one back in again.

ton

shoot all the workshy lazy twunts now they have cornered em….

nickname
    Free Member

Is it not the other way around? Aggressive tactics from some protesters (punching / shoving / smashing windows / throwing objects / breaking into rbs) causing an aggressive response from the police?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nickname – seems to me you are right, what are the police meant to do? let them smash up whatever they want?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, according to the BBC crews, the trouble started after the police cordoned off one area, and are preventing anyone from leaving. The BBC reporters are saying that trouble is flaring up, as people try to leave the cordoned off area.

Admittedly, a few idiots are smashing things up. But the police actions do seem deliberately provocative.

The-Beard

Admittedly, a few idiots are smashing things up. But the police actions do seem deliberately provocative.

Do you honestly believe the Police want a riot? 🙄

richc
    Free Member

Ummmm, you honestly believe that some of the Police don’t want a riot? I know a few people who joined the Police growing up just so they could get in a fight and not get arrested.

juan
    Free Member

Do you honestly believe the Police want a riot? [:roll:]

Well isn’t it what coppers like? To do kick the shit out of people when they are sure they have the superiority?

I’d like to see them go face to face with protesters like men, without gear or tears gases or water canon

ton

fred, seriously, same people, same time every year.
    why are these feckers not at work like you and me.
    cos they are trouble causing idiots who will protest at someone farting.
    shoot the **** lot of em and get it over and done with.

yossarian
    Free Member

spot on juan.

the red and black flags of the anarchists are in view now thats why the coppers are getting suited and booted.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Keeping them all in one place stops them from running amok throughout the city. my routes to the station to get home already sound blocked, so I don’t want anymore neanderthals buggering up my day further. Keep ’em there until they get bored / tired, etc

roper
    Free Member

If the route was known before the protest, why would they not board up the RBS of all buildings?

Are the government looking to put forward further restrictions to right to protest before the carp hits the fan with higher unemployment etcetera later on in the year??

BigDummy
    Free Member

New sweepstake:How many times is ton going to post the same thought?

😉

The-Beard

I’d like to see them go face to face with protesters like men, without gear or tears gases or water canon

Maybe they could just all get their manhood out and compare? Save all the fisticuffs?

Stoner
    Free Member

LOL @ BD, love it.

A lot of my lads were too young for the poll tax riots and so this could be their only chance to knock the absolute living shit out of a Guardian reader.

kimbers

my mate who is a copper loves a good ruck

Stoner
    Free Member

The Beard, last time the protesters actually went up against people who really diditn like them, they got off far worse 🙂

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.

“We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,” one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull. “I’ve never seen anyone less amenable to listening to our point of view.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article515384.ece

ton

New sweepstake:How many times is ton going to post the same thought?

and no feckerts biting bd.
    may as well go get a bun from the shop…… 😥

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i love the daily mash, thats a classic ‘story’!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I’d like to see these protestors go face to face with a police force that aren’t subject to such media scrutiny. There’s any number of countries, including European ones that would have quashed this whole protest already with water cannons, tear gas etc.

The relative restraint and coordinated effort our boys are showing right now is admirable. The penning in is a standard tactic of containment in anything like this, and used to protect the civil liberties of the non-protesting majority. Whether it inflames or not isn’t relevant, as in the same way as a fire, if you contain it, it will burn out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ton, there are undoubtedly some troublemakers, tis is true. But I’m watching the BBC coverage, and it does appear that the police are provoking violence. This is what the BBC are saying, actually. And the footage does show police pushing the crowds back. Apparently, many people now want to leave the area, but are being prevented from doin so.

You may not agree with their point of view, but they have the right to protest. As did the Miners, the Dockers, the Jarrow Hunger Marchers, the Print workers, etc.

Do you honestly believe the Police want a riot?

It would serve the police’s and the government’s interests, to have ugly scenes of violence and civil unrest. This would undoubtedly precipitate further restrictions on rights to protest, as new laws banning protests would seem more justified.

They’ve spent millions on this operation. Of course they want a ruck!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

he penning in is a standard tactic of containment in anything like this, and used to protect the civil liberties of the non-protesting majority

Wrong. It’s to prevent people leaving the scene, to join protests elsewhere, and to provoke violent response.I’ve seen this with my own eyes, from within such a situation. The police could easily simply move the group on, allow people to leave, or just let them stay there, which would not provoke angry response.

Protect the Civil Liberties of the Non-Protesting Majority. You make me laugh.

Protect the banks and greed-mongers, more like!

kimbers

i still cant understand why RBS are the only building on the route not to board up their windows

are these bankers really that stupid

or were they deliberately hoping for this to happen?

matt_outandabout

Apparently, many people now want to leave the area, but are being prevented from doin so.

See, when the footie is on in Sheffield and when they let the ‘peaceful hooligans’ leave the area, they (the hooligans) all run round the back street with their ‘mates’ and re-form, only to spread the disturbance, broken windows and fighting.
    Seems sensible to me to bore them into submission by keeping them all in a nice tight knit group, with no weapons to hand, limiting them moving and reforming.

RustySpanner

It would serve the police’s and the government’s interests, to have ugly scenes of violence and civil unrest. This would undoubtedly precipitate further restrictions on rights to protest, as new laws banning protests would seem more justified.

Agrees with Rude Boy.

Goes off for a quiet lie down.

Farticus

Well, what do you expect from the BBC? Stokes up the story a bit, doesn’t it?

Stoner
    Free Member

kimbers, I would suggest a couple of possible reasons:

1) externally mounted glass clad frames arent easy to “board up”
    2) maybe they were trying to say “we have nothing to hide and we support your right to protest”
    3) maybe they were trying to say “we arent your enemy, we are a state bank, so dont pick on us”

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Matt, it’s only rudeboy that doesn’t get the concept, so no change there.

richc
    Free Member

Seems sensible to me to bore them into submission by keeping them all in a nice tight knit group

you are trolling aren’t you? please tell me you are?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i feel sorry for the everyday staff at the banks, cashiers and the like

Farticus

Well, it might be protecting the greed-mongers (whoever they are), but I assume they have civil liberties to be protected? Or do you think they should be thrown to the baying crowd? And how do you identify one?

And by banks do you mean their employees, their buildings or the oppressive capitalist system they rely upon?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

2) maybe they were trying to say “we have nothing to hide and we support your right to protest”
    3) maybe they were trying to say “we arent your enemy, we are a state bank, so dont pick on us”

LOL! Nice one, Stoner!

Matt, it’s only rudeboy that doesn’t get the concept, so no change there.

LOL! I get the ‘concept’, PK Pucker, you just don’t get the REAL reasons behind such tactics.

And that’s ‘Mr RudeBoy’ to you.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 229 total)

The topic ‘Will it kick off big time in Londn tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.