Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 229 total)
  • Will it kick off big time in Londn tomorrow?
  • Hobster
    Free Member

I have a supply of white lightning under my desk to use as a diversionary tactic if it gets hairy.

soobalias
    Free Member

is it just me that scrolls straight past RB’s posts now?

i for one will be avoiding town tomorrow, but thats more by accident than design.
    it would be nice to see the football being first up on the ten o’clock news.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You still notice them, though! And feel forced to comment on them.

Trampus
    Free Member

Rudeboy is an honorary Scouser, so is exempt from harm. All others are fair game! 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

honorary Scouser

Is that an oxymoron?

Wally

Commuter train line opposite has almost no suits, looks like a weekend.
    Not too sure about the dark suit + tie and new White trainers one chap is sporting.

footstomper
    Free Member

Commuter train line opposite has almost no suits, looks like a weekend.

Heard on the radio coming into work that they have told the money men not to wear suits today, but to dress according to what they think the demonstrators may wear so they can blend in 😯
    So this means 90% will probably turn out as either new age revellers, part time nazis, hippys (older new age revellers),left wing nutters or mums pushing toddlers in prams!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Update from Fortress London

No incidents to report yet
    Big FAIL to the man wearing formal shoes, jeans, formal shirt, tie & suit jacket
    Building security tight – no valid pass, no entry
    Bicycle racks on Bishopsgate taped off (ehh? that’ll stop em!?!?)
    Seen fewer plod than yesterday (but the Swat style trucks are parked up)
    All roadworks cleared away (no cones – what joy)
    Quieter than usual, but not dead
    Few old boys wearing suits (they are probably wearing their casual ‘weekend cloth’)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh, and looks like most businesses / offices around Liv Street are open as normal

brakes
    Free Member

roger that
    all quiet on the southern front of the square mile near the Tower
    over

Shandy
    Free Member

Surely 9am is a bit early for protesting? Most of these chaps are used to a lie in…

nickname
    Free Member

12:30 it starts don’t it?

Bank sounds like a good place to go for a spot of luncheon later. I shall don my bowler hat 😉

pk-ripper
    Free Member

All quiet this end, was quite a nice ride in this morning, although there’s a small crowd at the BoE right now.

nickegg
    Free Member

Let people protest, it won’t make a blind bit of difference.

Thousands protested against the war in Iraq and look what happened there!

There is alot of anger around at the moment but mostly down to peoples ignorance. This recession has cost me my job and made things pretty hard for my fiancee and i but no point getting too angry about it.

I’m pissed off but i’m not going to be so arrogant as to assume i know all there is about running banks etc. They may have been irresponsible but so what, they tighten their belts and then in a few years it’s sll back to normal.

There will always be the minority of people who will kick off given any excuse.

Haze

Nice day for it 8)

Count
    Free Member

I am sat in my office in Cornhill, just walked towards the Bank of England to get a coffee and saw a largish groups of cyclists riding from the bank up Cornhill towards Bishopsgate.

No decent bikes on display.

Quite a lot of press boys about and we ditched the chalk stripes for jeans today.

Nothing to report otherwise, I’m going to the gym lunchtime and expect it to be quieter – not exactly a riot thus far.

matt_outandabout

According to one protester on the news last night, they plan ‘rainforest polyphonic singing’.
    That will show ’em.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just been for a wander. It’s all helicopters & press photographers round Canon Street.

No disturbances so far

ton

why whats happening in london today………. ❓

The-Beard

Is anyone else now worried that they stocked up on tear gas for no reason?

I might have to see if that guy I bought it off down the Excel centre does returns…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Nope.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Police activity stepping up – lots of blue light movement of Hoolivans, etc on Upper Thames Street near London Bridge.

No sign of disturbance yet

kimbers

my missus has a conference at westminster today so ive told her if theres any trouble to explain that her other half is a crusty and it would be bad juju to mess with a fellow brother of the rastas girl

The-Beard

ARRGGHH!!!

Crusty!!!

Get ‘im before he chucks a brick through Starbucks window…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I shall be celebrating today with a leisurely stroll up to Knightsbridge for lunch on the terrace at Harrods. Then I need to saunter across the park to go and see my tailor on Jermyn Street, to make sure the turn ups on my new suit are just spot on.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Jeez I can smell your hair from here!

Load of coaches just turned up by me nr London Bridge. Thought they were crusties but on closer inspection there is no mistaking their dress sence being french students, probably off to the Tate Modern.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Lol

Where are you then Mountainmutant?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Right behind the Tate Modern. IPC Media

kimbers

well i live in chiswick work in kensington and am in favour of animal testing

so i guess ive betrayed my people, i should be down on the front line throwing paint on CFHs new suit really

according to security sources on newsnight the greatest threat will come from european anarchists

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Well it better kick off today according to one of my mates. He has been drawing all the graphics/maps of where all the trouble will be for a well known Tory boy newspaper. If nothing happens, what a waste!

yossarian
    Free Member

Lots of cat and mouse stuff being played out now

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Latest from BBC – 1038 Police in London have stopped a group of demonstrators in an armoured vehicle. They are now questioning about a dozen protestors.
    😯

…but is that the protestors or the police in the armoured vehicle?

kimbers

protestors in the armoured car apparently

matt_outandabout

…but is that the protestors or the police in the armoured vehicle?

*remembers the A-teams self made armoured vehicles*

kimbers

A-teams self made armoured vehicles

yeah i really liekd the one that fired cabbages, would be quite appropriate i recokn

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There are coach loads of children on school trips periodically driving along Upper Thames Street. Are these schools stupid?

The-Beard

Latest from BBC – 1038 Police in London have stopped a group of demonstrators in an armoured vehicle. They are now questioning about a dozen protestors.

It’s an old amoured car painted blue with fake CCTV cameras stuck all over it. They use it for lots of different protests (were down at the excel centre with it a while back) and it barely runs. It’s been sitting outside my flat for months. I think they’re mostly posh students playing at protesting. They were almost playing at hiding from the big, scary, angry Scotsman last night as they were revving the bloody engine and pumping out diesel fumes at 23:00…

matt_outandabout

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

1st wave of protestors have gone past our office. Quite a lot of hoodies & scarfs. I suspect the trouble makers have arrived. Lots of plod & press

pk-ripper
    Free Member

peaceful protestors always wear hoodies and scarves. muppets.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 229 total)

The topic ‘Will it kick off big time in Londn tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.