Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Will I regret moving from iPhone to Samsung?
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Upgrade time… Looking at another £8-10 per month to upgrade from iPhone 5 to 6. Started looking at galaxy s5 wich I can get for what I’m currently paying. Will I regret the move over to android or will I be pleasantly surprised?
    Any other non-apple phones that are worth considering?

Flaperon

Lumia 830 / 930 both excellent.

cheez0
    Free Member

no

edit: I mean no to the thread title. make your mind up what your asking ffs.

BFITH
    Free Member

no

To which question?

somouk
    Free Member

I’m really on the edge of doing similar, iPhone 6 pricing is extortionate.

If you can hold off then do as the Galaxy S6 is released shortly.

The only thing I think I would miss is iMessage which is excellent for use on the Mac/iPad.

Kato

I regretted changing my iPhone to a Nexus as i just couldn’t get on with Android after years of iOs familiarity. Went back to iPhone after a week

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Maybe

BFITH
    Free Member

If you can hold off then do as the Galaxy S6 is released

Looks like they’re losing the memory card slot for the s6… Quite like the idea of the extra memory.

Sandwich

Depends on your home computer set up. If you’re all Mac I suspect you may be disappointed as the Samsung Mac software wasn’t all that when I tried it. Like Kato I couldn’t get on with it.
    YMMV.

iolo
    Free Member

I went from iPhone 5 to S4. That was a big mistake. I hated it.
    I’ve got a 6 plus now and happy again.

nickjb
    Free Member

Samsung offers a pretty edited android experience. I much prefer the cleaner version you get with nexus, lg, etc. Comparing to iPhone some things better some worse.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Upgraded my iPhone 4 after a 2 year contract to a Samsung Note 2. Sold both and made £600 then put in another £100 bought my 5S 64g.

I have too many apps I paid for on iOS to switch unless the Samsung made a break through you can’t live without.

muggomagic

if the iphone is still working ok, then I’d look at getting a sim only deal. If your set on having a new phone though then LG G3 is a really nice phone as are the Sony Xperia Z3 and HTC one M8.
    Android has come on massively in recent years and it’s a really nice OS (especially the new lollipop version), but it is different to iOS and some really don’t seem to get on with the change. The only things I missed were iMessage though google hangouts and whatsapp kind of made up for losing that. I also missed siri. Google Now is good and getting better all the time, but it’s still not quite as reliable and helpful as siri.

xlaire
    Free Member

I moved from Samsung S3 to iPhone 6. Best (phone) decision I ever made. Everything works so smoothly and the camera is ace. Will never go back!

transporter13
    Free Member

Moved from iphone5 to note 4….much better.

scaredypants

Will I regret moving from iPhone to Samsung?

Yes, initially at least

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I don’t know. What I can be certain of is if you use that bloody Samsung whistle tone, some day some one some where will snap and force your phone so deep in a bodily orifice that a group of grim-faced surgeons will tell you there is no chance of safely removing it.

samuri
    Free Member

I went from an iPhone to an HTC One, would never go back. My wife went from an HTC One to an iPhone and loves it. All depends on the person I guess.

What the Android phone gives me is a lot more configuration and control with the phone. I can change the way the menus work, there’s any number of ways of customising it. Plus the screen was way bigger than the available iPhone and it was a lot cheaper for the power and memory size. A major benefit is not having to use itunes which I hate with a passion.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs has the s5 mini, lovely bit of kit. I’ve recently changed my personal phone after 7 years of iphone use to Sony z3 compact. The play store is so much better/cheaper and it’s nice to actually be able to get a few cheeky apps on there.

duntstick
    Free Member

Iphone really needs memory expansion, my galaxy S5 is great and the S6 will have the same memory slot up to 128gb.

No faffing with itunes synch, just fire files across as you would any hard drive.

galaxy S6 spec

bear-uk
    Free Member

Once you get used to the different os, all will be fine. you will have a phone that actually works. The Nexus models get full blown up to date Android without any bloatware.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hard to say. We need to know more about you as a person.

Do you have many regrets in life?

inbred853

I’ve got a Moto G Dual Sim which has just got the Lollipop update and is free of bloatwear, simple and easy to use. Previously I had a Windiws phone and have an iPad so switching between different OS is second nature. I’m happy with the Moto G at present, but really liked the Windows OS and might well go back when I get bored of Android. Apple oot purely for the fact it’s so bleeding expensive!
    Suffice to say go with whatever you feel comfortable with and can afford.

br
    Free Member

Upgrade time… Looking at another £8-10 per month to upgrade from iPhone 5 to 6.

Keep the 5, save the money plus the time you’ll waste considering the move.

chestrockwell

Our lass went from iphone to lumia 1020 after being impressed with my 920. She does not regret it and is more then happy with the nokia.

BFITH
    Free Member

Grrrr…. Don’t know what to do now!
    I do like the iphone and find it it very user friendly… But I’m put off by the price of a new one. I’ll sleep on it and have another think in the morning… Thanks for all replies…

convert

Sorry to be boring, but why do you need to ‘upgrade’? Does your phone still work? You now own it, why not just get a sim only deal and save a bunch of money and the planet a teeny tiny bit of unneeded redundant electronic waste. With a cashback deal you could have 12 months of sim only for less than £100 with as much minutes and texts as a normal person could sensibly use.

Iphone 4s user who plans to get at least another year or two out of it unless it croaks.

mtbtom
    Free Member

I regretted it and switched back as soon as my contract expired. Not at the time, when the phone is new and spangly but after a year or so the Android phones get fewer and fewer updates (unless you’re willing to root the device). iOS you’re usually good for at least two major updates.

The Windows / Lumia phones look really good… they might draw me away next time around. Unbelievable value for money too.

matt_outandabout

Not all Android is equal.

Mrs_oab Samsung is seemingly laden down a bit, and odd to find some everyday items and features.
    Sons MotoG and Sony M3 Aqua on the other hand fly though tasks, and both (but especially Moto) just seems to be a simpler and easier experience.

The GoogleNow integration is stunningly clever, if you add as many items of the Google suite as you can to it. Today we used google googles, and immediately it was offering other nearby museums and artwork – and had already worked out how long it was to walk there…

It canes IOS on the navigation as well it seems.

I got into Andriod because that is what work bought me. I see no reason to change, and no attraction to Apple..

BFITH
    Free Member

convert – Member
    Sorry to be boring, but why do you need to ‘upgrade’? Does your phone still work? You now own it, why not just get a sim only deal and save a bunch of money and the planet a teeny tiny bit of unneeded redundant electronic waste.

Had thought of this but we now tend to pass on our phones to the kids after a couple of years. They’re happy with our cast offs.

PePPeR

I moved from an iPhone 4s to a Samsung note 2, I haven’t had any issues, I also have a moto g, for work without Samsungs fiddling which is a much faster and smoother Android experience.

The Android system is maturing nicely and with an S6 due out within the next month I’d hold out for either a better deal on the S5 or getting an S6.

I’d also look at HTC’s One M8 or Sony Experia z3 for differing qualities compared to Samsung.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Will I regret moving from iPhone to Samsung?’ is closed to new replies.