Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • will I go to hell?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

…..for ignoring the ‘advice’ of a Peak Park Ranger and continuing to ride superb stuff this morning / afternoon which was not necessarily bridleway?? 😉

bassspine
    Free Member

maybe a slight karmic backlash

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry. Hell has THE best parties.

naedeyw
    Free Member

Its not big and its not clever. You’ll be the first to moan when people are clamouring for mountainbikers to be banned from the national park because of the image people like you give.

robdob
    Free Member

No, but you may have turned someone against MTB’s who’s experiences about trail access is probably going to be listened to more than most people.
    Well done idiot.

RealMan
    Free Member

Only took 4 replies.

robdob
    Free Member

…..for someone who cares about other people rather than themselves to reply?

RealMan
    Free Member

Honestly, what’s the big deal…

robdob
    Free Member

If your pea sized brain cant work it out yourself then I doubt it’s worth mine or anyone else’s time explaining it.

crazy-legs

Read “The Rules”. Points 2 and 3 might be of use…

After 6pm every trail is available to bikers

Before 6pm caution is to be advised

Restraint is to be observed in sensitve areas eg. National Parks

Restraint is not to be observed in areas that no one else ever uses eg. ugly countryside

Skids are for kids

If the trail has no classification but walkers have been seen on it then it’s fair game

Mind the English daffodills and bluebells (only wreck the Spanish ones)

When encountering walkers behave like we are meant to do on bridleways (but seldom do) ie. stop and yield trail unless they’re the landowner in which case you flee asap

If you continue to encounter walkers reconsider the value of the said cheeky trail and when best to do it if at all

The closer the cheeky trails are to civilisation the more acceptable it is to ride them

The fewer the amount of bridleways an area has the more right we have to get cheeky wid it

Alarmingly garish clothing is to be discouraged

Squealing brakes are not allowed

Do not ride where and/or when your presence will be easily detected

At no time should the cheeky percentage of your total ride total more than 50%

Do not hang around on the cheeky trails

Do not race on cheeky trails, just pause and enjoy the cheek instead

Stop looking so guilty!

Ride with a confident smile knowing that what you are doing is not wrong

If someone says “bikes are not allowed on here” reply with “yes, I know, silly isn’t it?”

Ambrose

You will go to Hell. And God will kill a puppy AND a kitten.

Perhaps be more circumspect next time.

naedeyw
    Free Member

When you say “what’s the big deal“, if you’re thinking ‘its only one bloke on a bike’ then you should consider that if everyone takes that view they are going to alienate a lot of people who are going to happily point out that mountainbikers are irresponsible and have no regard for the countryside/law/nature/etc..

A mass MTB trespass on the moors isn’t going to get us open access like it did for ramblers and, hypocritical as it might be, it’ll be the ‘walkers’ that will use the OP’s selfishness to further their wish to maintain the parks for their own personal quiet recreation.

walla24
    Free Member

dunno about you but i get proper annoyed when joggers are on the cycle track…..

dustypumpkins

I get cheesed off when parents push their bairn in their pram up clearly defined mtb trails!

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I think a bit more information from yourself may be required before judgement can truly be passed.

As it stands you appear to be bragging about ignoring the instructions of a Peak Park Ranger who was going about his duties.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Keeping park rangers onside would be better than pissing them off IMHO – so if he asked you to leave a certain trail that would have been a better course of action than continuing onwards against his advice.

Northwind

I disapprove but I suspect if I had to deal with english access laws I’d do the same.

Gary_C

Whats the problem ?

The planet was here long before any of us, & will still be here long after we’re all gone.

So enjoy yourselves whilst you’re here, & stuff the ‘rules’ !!

😉

slowrider
    Free Member

I’ve had the odd ranger turn me back in the peak and I’ve just pleaded ignorance and apologised. Lately though, they seem to take the stance of ‘ride where you like, just be considerate’ which I think is brilliant and I tell them as such. I also tell them that I reckon this approach is far mare likely to win over mtbers in the peak. If one directly asked me to turn back then I think I would but each to their own. I don’t want to deliberately upset anyone with regards to access but I’m buggered if I’m letting some irate petty rule wielding tosspot tell me which trails i can ride and can’t so their attitude towards me would have a big influence on my decision.

Trimix
    Free Member

You wont go to hell then.

TN
    Free Member

Crazy-legs, you cheered me up.
    I have absolutely no comment on the origianl post, but yours was lovely. 🙂

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

no such place as hell. So I reckon you’ll be OK. I always try to be fairly covert though, mainly becuase it’s not worth arguing the toss over.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

no such place as hell

No you are wrong I’m very pleased to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Nord-Trøndelag

shaggmiester
    Free Member

nob rob, …. sorry i mean robdob, i think u need to chill out a bit!! 🙄

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘will I go to hell?’ is closed to new replies.