Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Will I ever have disposable income again?
  • flange
    Free Member

At the same time I’m so skint I could just about afford the car park. Do I care? I’m the happiest/luckiest man in the world.

I salute you sir, you’re doing it right…

chipps

I have no children at all, yet still don’t seem to have any spending money…

Kryton57

flange – Member

At the same time I’m so skint I could just about afford the car park. Do I care? I’m the happiest/luckiest man in the world.

I salute you sir, you’re doing it right…

+1

Dekerf
    Free Member

Got a 6 year old and 3 year old and thats expensive, add in a wife in her 3rd year of uni and things are tight.

Would i change it, no not a chance.

Biggest thing i regret is lack of time. Had a ride for the first time in a couple of months on Saturday and loved it. My own fault as messing round with show cars and football too.

Things should get better come next September when the wife starts working and my little boy starts school.

End of day money isn’t the be all and end all. Nothing better than spending a few hours mucking about in the woods with the kids 🙂

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have 3 kids aged 9,7 and 5.I`m separated from their mother and going through divorce.Even though I have a fairly good job,paying well over the national average once I have paid my mortgage,food,fuel,child maintenance,paid my life assurance and my bills,plus saved a bit into my car fund,I have about £100 a month left,which includes my budget for going out.

And this is despite me living fairly frugaly,for example buying 2nd hand furniture for my house and so on.

So no to answetr the question I can`t imagine having any disposobale income until I reach 60!

But,totally love my kids and its so rewarding seeing them grow up that I can genuinely say Im happy.

onewheelgood

they learnt how to pull cool skids

Noooooo….it’s people like you who’ve caused all those braking bumps. Educate them properly!

Gunz
    Free Member

Noooooo….it’s people like you who’ve caused all those braking bumps. Educate them properly!

I didn’t say they were skidding on the way into corners. Proper top speed, fire road, foot out, front wheel crossed up blasters were the order of the day.
    I will however educate them that some mountain bikers only like bumps in certain pre-ordained locations.

Dibbs
    Free Member

As of today all my kids have jobs, (teacher, policeman, nurse) and they left home a while ago. All I need to do now is get them to take all the junk they left behind and then change the locks 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

kentishman – you could be on to something there! another bike chum has suggested the same thing AND I even have the infrastructure in place 😆
    Totally agree about the wife and “I’ve had this ages” line. I might try it with “I’ve always had a full XO groupset” 8)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bollox to that. Me and mrs s are on holiday in an all inclusive resort FULL of pre-school kids. The parents all seem to have undergone leucotomies. Funny how we can hear the brat on the next table screaming and chinking its spoon repeatedly on its plate yet the cerebrally neutered parents are oblivious.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Will I ever have disposable income again?’ is closed to new replies.