Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • will i die? steak pie content.
  • doh
    Free Member

have had a lovely steak pie from the butchers sitting in the fridge since the 24th, will it be safe to heat up and eat or will i poo myself inside out?

RustySpanner

S’only four days old.

Stick a fork in it:
    If it doesn’t twitch, cook it & eat it.
    If it twitches, cook it ’till it stops moving then eat it.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Eat it! I never could pass up a pie.

slowmart
    Free Member

Look on the bright side if you do end up shitting through the eye of a needle you will loose weight after the excess of Christmas. Fat people pay good money to do that.

The best thing then would be to eat some Bisto granules.

It certainly wouldn’t cure the condition but it would thicken up things for you.

Tom-B
    Free Member

It’ll be fine!!!

winston_dog
    Free Member

Lift the pastry and have a sniff.

If it smells ok then eat it.

There is a reason we have a nose above our mouth. 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I call dibs on his bikes

Reckon it’ll be OK as long as it’s cooked properly

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Itl be rite!!! Chickens a beggar to watch or in my case the morning after the night before i came home opend the fridge grbbed a chicken leg from the mrs roast dinner shed cooked (i thought the day before) ate it then poured myself a lovely glass of pourable youghart and downed it, que trip to hozzy later in day with chronic stomach pains and “dragon chunder” vomit, the pourable youghart had bin binned and id drunk from a carton of well gone semi skimmed and the chicken was 6 days old ;/ at that point id realised the roast wed had was beef not chicken, she now throws stuff out regular!!!!

doh
    Free Member

cheers all.
    it will be getting fired into the oven when i go home for lunch at 2200, any ill effects will be documented as and when they occur.

z1ppy

If it smells ok, make sure it reaches at least 70degree C in the centre, for 2minutes..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If it doesn’t have sausages in it, it’s not proper steak pie, and yes, you will die.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

steak can be eaten for a long time after its date. as long as the pastry smells fine (not like stale bread) Good to go

Mikeypies
    Free Member

is it worth? it realy?

how much does a pie cost?

its the waste products of the posionous bacteria that will bugger you up not the actual bacteria itself google botulinum toxin cooking at any temp is futile

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’m currently having the same thoughts about a pork pie

Squidlord
    Free Member

This sounds like a case for DJ Pie Safety

doh
    Free Member

Mikeypies – Member
    is it worth? it realy?

how much does a pie cost?

oh yes, and £8 to answer your Q.

just back from lunch and it (well about a 6th)went down a treat with some mash, marrowfat peas and gravy.
    got a funny taste in my mouth now though :mrgreen:

and sausage in your steak pie is just plain wrong people.

Coyote
    Free Member

and sausage in your steak pie is just plain wrong people

Not to mention painful if the said pie is straight from the oven.

stuarty
    Free Member

No sausage in it .
    its then just become a lowly
    pie

fattyre500
    Free Member

Come on guys!! It’s pie or sausages you can’t have both.It ain’t natural i tell you it just ain’t!!
    With a pie you can normally make out proper bits o’meat but if your sausage ain’t from a proper butcher then its just minced up earholes eyeholes and arseholes and you’re taking a gamble eating it however hot it is.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

there’s no pathogenic bacteria in beef. pork and poultry different story.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not taking a gamble at all, fattyre500, the whole animal should be eaten. We’ve been doing it for centuries, despite people now thinking its a modern fast food type problem. If your going to kill a creature, you should be willing to eat it all imo.

fizzicist
    Free Member

The best thing then would be to eat some Bisto granules.

It certainly wouldn’t cure the condition (screaming shits) but it would thicken up things for you.

STW never fails to inform, educate and entertain….

onehundredthidiot

CJD

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Cjd from beef is a myth.

fattyre500
    Free Member

Someone on QI mentioned macaroni cheese pie.Sounds safer than mixed meat,out of date stuff from the back of the fridge.Has anybody tried it? Sounds yummy 🙂

jag61

If you are lucky enough to survive, can I recommend a ‘cake pie’for desert.Had a few as dept. treat last day of term . pastry base mince meat filling sponge/cake on top… Cake pie best of both worlds 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘will i die? steak pie content.’ is closed to new replies.