Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will I die?
  • limburger
    Free Member

I rode the classic Brecon Gap loop today and loved it, despite the fog. Has anyone here done it at night? I’m thinking about trying that, but I am slightly worried about coming off badly and there is NO phone signal around there at all. I hardly saw anybody at all this afternoon, so I guess it’s totally empty at night.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Will you die?

We all got to go sometime.

On the Brecon Gap?

No idea, if I’m honest. On your own at night with no phone signal doesn’t sound wise, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. As long as you take the correct kit and prepare properly (tell someone where you’re going, when you should be back and leave a map of your route with them) I don’t see it being a huge problem. I think most of us here used to ride before the rise of the mobile…

roverpig

How do you think people coped before mobile phones ?

Just be sensible: let somebody know where you are planning to ride and when to expect you back; don’t push your limits to far; carry basic maintenance, first aid and survival kit and you’ll probably be fine.

A lot of my rides at this time of year are in the dark, on my own (which I prefer), in places with patchy mobile reception and very little traffic. Yes, there is a slightly higher chance that I’ll die, but at least it won’t be of boredom.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    limburger
    Free Member

Thanks – I just need to get on with it. Next Friday night I’ll be up there, well prepared, unless the weather is completely rotten.

roverpig

That’s the spirit.

Have fun.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That’s the spirit.

Have fun.

+1 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.