Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Will Hope ever sort their freehub out?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a lover of all things hope (except for their new bars that look a bit daft), brakes headsets, wheels all superb. Everything ooozes quality.

The freehub however although it works well as a freehub the scoring from cassettes is either bad design or poor materials. To me that doesn’t ooze quality and it’s been like that for some time, are they ever going to sort it or is it something to put up with? I’ve never experienced it with anything else…I have some pretty lightweight mavic road wheels with an alloy freehub and bearing in mind there are more separate rings on a 10 speed road cassette it still looks new after 3 years, not a mark on it.

With the amount of wheels Hope must sell these days you’d have thought it would have been near the top of the list of things to sort.

beefheart
    Free Member

They should also make a square taper BB.

IA

A road bike uses higher gearing, less torque on the freehub body no?

Never had a problem on hope freehubs – always used decent cassettes with alu carriers.

whattyre
    Free Member

get the steel freehub?

4ags4
    Free Member

+1 for a steel freehub once the cheese one is done

br
    Free Member

Use decent cassettes – if you settle for a 3 rather than 5, the difference in BIK would mean you could afford XTR from now on 🙂

daznal
    Free Member

I must admit that in between changing cassettes I stare at the grooved freehub and think why why why why o why cant hope sort this out then fit a new cassette and forget about it ’till next year

Paceman
    Free Member

Their Freehub is already sorted IMO.

ahwiles
    Free Member

get the steel freehub, or buy a slightly more expensive cassette – the aluminium carrier spreads the load.

it’s the noise racket they make that drives me to leave mine in the cellar…

stanleigh
    Free Member

I hate the way the freehub just falls off when you remove the wheel.

Great for freehub maintenance I suppose , pretty rubbish for sorting out a flat on a wet & muddy trail !

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Methinks you need a new seal to hold it in?

Hope Bulb Ti freehub ftw

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I love my Hope Hubs, the noise in particular on tech uphill bits put a spurt in when behind some body then free wheel. It gets them edgey

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Ive had 2 crack,the last one was bad enough to make the inner brg break up too,causing a bit of damage to the ring drive and wheel brg.

The good thing is Hope customer service is second to none,posted it back to them Mon,got a new one under warranty Weds.You can’t get any better than that?
    Might go for a steel one next time?

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Always use a decent cassette and it still mangles it…
    Like I said it still work it just feels very un-hope-like

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Will Hope ever sort their freehub out?’ is closed to new replies.