Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Will 7-800mm folding bike seatposts fit in any MTB frames?
  • james
    Free Member

Theres not been many of late, but theres sometimes some 'whats the longest seatpost I can buy' type threads where the usual answer is a thomson 410mm or a 400mm from somebody else

Just wondering if its possible to get a proper pedalling height on my 4X/DJ/play type bike (or anybody elses) by using a 7/800mm seatpost intended for a folding type bike and chopping it down a bit
    I've tried a 400mm in the frame, but its slightly too short for a proper road pedalling height. If it didn't have an extended seatpost/brace then it'd be nowhere near
    I know thats completely at odds for that type of bike is for, but it'd be nice to be able to ride (with a degree of comfort) to local BMX tracks/other play areas

What diameters are folding bike seatposts available in? And where can you get them (online)? Is it that unless somehow broken or stolen they're only ever bought as part of a complete bike?

Stoner
    Free Member

IIRC my brompton post is the size of an airplane fuselage – so not sure youd find any skinny ones in that kind of length…

walleater

You could fit a really big springy saddle which would buy you an extra couple of inches.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    james
    Free Member

Like a brooks? I'm trying to imagine just how ridiculous one would look ..

ziggy
    Free Member

IIRC my brompton post is the size of an airplane fuselage

😆

I once had the misfortune of once dropping a seatpost straight through the frame of a Dahon only to find my foot was underneath, it was like having a cake cutter driven through your foot.

peachos
    Free Member

you mean something like this monstrosity?? two budget seatposts, hack the top off the larger diameter one, add seat clamp. obviously a bit of measuring up before you buy!

it's not mine by the way.

ziggy
    Free Member

That huge post up there has reminded me of when we used to use Gateway shopping trolley handles for seatposts on our BMX's as kids

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Will 7-800mm folding bike seatposts fit in any MTB frames?’ is closed to new replies.