Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Will Edward Snowdon reach a safe haven?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I have my doubts… I wouldn’t be surprised if his flight is diverted or intercepted.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ecuador Embassy London? he can share with Julian

project
    Free Member

RT.com had live tracking of his flight on their site,

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he will easily find a country wanting to annoy the americans

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But he has to get to one first…

bencooper
    Free Member

Intercepting an Aeroflot flight? Nobody would be that stupid.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think the yanks are stealing someone from Russia or from China

they are not quite at Israel levels of “diplomacy/direct action”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

NSA leaker Snowden on flight to ‘third country’ via Moscow with WikiLeaks help

http://rt.com/news/snowden-fly-moscow-aeroflot-125/
    Not my first choice of routing if I knew a lot about the US secrets business, still from Hong Kong China it’s a bit frying pan fire

bencooper
    Free Member

Of course they could “accidentally” shoot down the airliner. Not like that’s never happened before.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What is the legal situation in regard to diverting flights in international airspace? I’m assuming that the flight will follow the ‘bear bomber’ route to Cuba to avoid passing through european or UK airspace.

dannybgoode

Surly he couldn’t get to a country that would want to annoy the Yanks than the one he is already in?

Cheers

Danny B

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d probably pick one that wasn’t going to ask me to tell them everything I know over a little bit of progressive questioning

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think russia wants, on some level to be friends where as some just want to stick 2 fingers up to them

mikewsmith
    Free Member

right enough of the torment, where can we bet on this cludo style.
    I’ll start
    Over Belgium airspace, with an iranian lesbian hang-glider clipping the plane.

(if any of this comes true please delete the thread)

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought there was an icelandic chap who had offered a flight to him once Iceland had confirmed his asylum status

stewartc
    Free Member

He must not know that much if the Chinese are letting him go, so I guess he has served his purpose for their own media (the American spy on you too!) and are happy to get rid of him before he becomes a liability.
    For maximum damage to the yanks, I would expect him to pitch up in London before Monday claiming diplomatic immunity, the legal shenanigans involved in deporting him alone should buy him 5-7 years.

marsdenman
    Free Member

(if any of this comes true please delete the thread)

schoolboy error – if what Mr Snowdon has shared is true, ‘They’ have already read your comment and are en-route to your front door…. if you’re quick I believe the Ecuadorian Embassy is nice this time of year 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

He must not know that much if the Chinese are letting him go

He is a whistleblower not a traitor…bog difference tha the USA would do well to recognise [but wont]

jambalaya
    Free Member

The American’s wont be intercepting any Russian planes, rumour on French TV is that’s where he’s going.

I don’t see what the fuss is – everything on the internet is interceptable and intercepted – you wouldn’t want the intelligence services doing anything else.

Northwind

Thing is, his “threat” isn’t about what he knows re national secrets etc, it’s about what he knows re how information is gathered so that doesn’t neccesarily make him a valuable information asset for foreign powers, just a valuable irritant.

As far as intercepting flights etc, if you’ve got an international terrorists or mass murderer or something then it’s more likely to happen than when it’s someone who’s just told an inconvenient and embarrassing truth about how shit your country can be. I think they’d rather have him pass into relative obscurity, his secret is out and extradition and trial will keep it in the public eye.

ninfan
    Free Member

I hope he goes to safe haven in Sweden

Because that would really **** up Assange’s reasons for avoiding extradition 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

you wouldn’t want the intelligence services doing anything else.

Have you not been reading the news and noticed how quite a lot of people would indeed want something else from them.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s playing like a real time, real life Jason Bourne Thriller

In the meantime, this is funny:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMPQmIPibE#t=208[/video]

ohnohesback
    Free Member

So now, apparently, he’s overnighting in an airport lounge. How long before he’s bundled into a van and taken to the US embassy? Or found floating in the Moscow river?

project
    Free Member

Wonder how soon he will be branded as a sexual predetor or some such hate figure, like assange.

chewkw
    Free Member

The DeMoncratic world cannot have it all their ways …

project
    Free Member

just on C4 he is applying for asylum at Ecudor

teef
    Free Member

I suspect the Americans don’t really want him anyway – they don’t know what else might come out. Better to have someone they can demonize in an out of reach place than the embarrassment of a trail of a whistle blower.

mrmoofo

the US would much rather have him as a hate figure – than actually have him on TV and come over all rational.

It is a shame that Bradley Manning will eventually die for his “crime” – but Teddy is a smarter cookie …

glupton1976
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq0IQ-QH3No[/video]

atlaz
    Free Member

Is there a single shred of evidence that the US gives a shit about getting their hands on this bloke (they’ve filed charges but have they requested extradition anywhere)? He’s been embarrassing for them but he’s not actually done a Bradley Manning and exposed loads of their deepest-darkest. He reminds me of a few of the UK whistleblowers where the government wanted to prosecute them more on a matter of principle rather than any real threat caused.

To be honest, I put him right there with Assange in the self-important category. Manning is actually facing a lifetime (or a very short life) in prison but for some reason, the sleazy Australian gets all the sympathy.

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought the Ecuadorians were doing their best to get rid of Assange without causing too much crap for themselves now. Surely a whistleblower can’t be high on their list of priorities.

Northwind

atlaz – Member

Is there a single shred of evidence that the US gives a shit about getting their hands on this bloke

They’ve been pressuring the Chinese authorities to arrest him which would be the first step towards extradition.

atlaz
    Free Member

They’ve been pressuring the Chinese authorities to arrest him which would be the first step towards extradition.

Oddly the Chinese don’t have a treaty with the US. Hong Kong does but he didn’t need a “secret” flight, he could have just popped over the border.

scuzz
    Free Member

To be honest, I put him right there with Assange in the self-important category.

I fail to see how any of his actions have been in his self interest.

Northwind

Er, he didn’t leave Hong Kong by any unusual or “secret” means- he flew out on a standard scheduled flight, the Hong Kong government rejected the request for arrest and said they had no reason to restrict his free movement.

But anyway, the point is that you asked for evidence the US want him- there it is.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

He will be off to some south american country who wants to piss off the yanks knowing full well that the US can’t do **** to them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He will be off to some south american country who wants to piss off the yanks knowing full well that the US can’t do **** to them.

How eloquent

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Until he’s the victim of a kidnapping or drone strike…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    How eloquent

How could I be anything other?

ohnohesback – Member
    Until he’s the victim of a kidnapping or drone strike…

Doubt they would drone strike as he isn’t a combatant even with the US’s dodgy stance on what is legal when it comes to that. Kidnapping who knows depends where he ends up, he is youngish so with a regime change down the line he could be handed over.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Will Edward Snowdon reach a safe haven?’ is closed to new replies.