Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Will Campag xenon 10s shifters work with shimano rear mechs ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just pricing up shifters for a budget build and came across the campag levers , is the pull ratio the same as shimano or not and anyone tried them?

jonk
    Free Member

Interesting article here about this

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Cheers for that, interesting indeed

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

There’s a page on the CTC site re shimergo which should tell you but I find it difficult to understand.

I run 9s ergos with a shimano mech and its just about OK on 8s. So 10 might work OK on 9.

If they have plastic levers them AVOID, they are terrible.

simondbarnes

You could use a Jtek shiftmate…

Shiftmate Compatibility

A number 3 will make 10spd campag shifters work with a shimano mech & 10spd cassette

taxi25
    Free Member

Shiftmate costs £30, you can get a xenon rear mech for about £25.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

+1 for Jtek shiftmate

I ran 11 speed Campy Chorus shifters with a 9 speed xtr rear mech and it worked well enough, however the shifting was a bit cluncky onto the second largest cassette cog.

I bought a Jtek shitmate and the shifting is perfect across the whole block now – would recommend them.

john_l
    Free Member

10spd Ergos will work perfectly across an 8spd Shimano cassette, or 9spd with the hubbub clamp method in that CTC article.

nemesis
    Free Member

Shimergo works perfectly – I did it for 5 years. 10s Campag shifter with 9s shimano mech, 9s shimano cassette. Note the cable needs to be fitted to the rear mech in a special way.

Alternatively 10s Campag ergo works perfectly with a shimano or sram 10s cassette and SRAM 10 speed rear mech which allows use of a clutch mech if you’re using it for cx as I am.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Will Campag xenon 10s shifters work with shimano rear mechs ?’ is closed to new replies.