Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Will an HDMI cable be better than a scart lead?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

According to a pal, an HDMI lead will be better than a scart even with a normal TV signal. Something to do with not bothering to convert the signal from digital to analogue and then back to digital

is this true?

I have good quality scart leads BTW QED ones I think

MSP

HDMI is a better system than scart, the quality of the cable makes no difference.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Depends on the source and the display, but at standard res the difference will be negligible, though the image may be a little sharper over hdmi.

If we are talking long cables (10m plus) then hdmi would be the way to go as it isn't affected from interference.

If your source and panel accepts HDMI the it will be worth it for the potential upscaling benefits.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sslowpace
    Free Member

Depends on the quality of the signal. HDMI is great for connecting your digital HD source (1080, etc), but wont work with an analog TV signal straight from the ariel. Great for sky hd though.

alexxx
    Free Member

the topic should be are qed leads a rip off. the answer would be yes

coolhandluke
    Free Member

the topic should be are qed leads a rip off. the answer would be yes

Please feel free to start your own topic if you feel its worthy of a discussion.

househusband
    Free Member

For pretty much all your cable needs – all our HDMI leads are from these people:

http://www.thatcable.com/

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

As Househusband links to – those are 'good enough' (ie there's no point spending any more) HDMI cables and they're not expensive so why don't you buy one and try?

In *most* cases HDMI will be better but sometimes the softer/more processed picture you get over a Scart lead will cover up the deficiencies in an SD picture – SD can look terrible on LCD screens particularly.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

the £70 price they charge for gold plat hdmi leads they better be

dufresneorama
    Free Member

There's a noticeable improvement in the picture quality when i watch standard definition tv from my virgin box over hdmi rather than scart

djglover
    Free Member

I connect my Mac up to the TV to watch Iplayer and it looks great using HDMI. The picture is better than on a much much smaller Mac

dufresneorama
    Free Member

There's a noticeable improvement in the picture quality when i watch standard definition tv from my virgin box over hdmi rather than scart

dufresneorama
    Free Member

oops

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Pound land do them…
    You've guessed £1
    & compaired to my £19.99 HDMi lead ……

NIl…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Will an HDMI cable be better than a scart lead?’ is closed to new replies.