Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Will a low stack stem work with this?
  • pc2017
    Free Member

Just put some Fox 34 on my bike and realised the steerer is a bit short, by about 10-15mm.
    It has a Hope AM stem fitted at the moment, can anyone recommend a low stack stem which would be suitable?

web img

scotroutes

Ragley Stubbing stem is 10mm shorter than a Hope. That should get you close enough. Looks more like 10mm than 15mm in your photo but measuring it might actually help.

scotroutes

Poopscoop

You need one of those Sunline (think that’s the name) stems.
    I bought one for the same reason. Pretty cheap from memory too.

Pretty sue it’s the same stem as the Ragley mentioned above. Rebranded and cheaper. I think!

pc2017
    Free Member

Thanks. Do you have a link to the Sunline stem?

Poopscoop

Someone selling a Sunlime stem in classifieds. Hold on…

st

Look for a Funn Funnduro. They have a 30mm stack height and have sorted my short steerer issues out a couple of times.

They are getting a bit harder to find but a couple of minutes searching should sort it.

Poopscoop

here

I’m not the seller, nor do I know him. Just happened to see the ad.

Ask seller to confirm the attack height. I “think” this is one of the models they did that has a small SH…

scotroutes

Stack height of a Sunline V1 is quoted as 35mm. That’s about 3mm taller than the Ragley

Poopscoop

scotroutes – Member
    Stack height of a Sunline V1 is quoted as 35mm. That’s about 3mm taller than the Ragley

Indeed it is mate. 🙂

oldtalent
    Free Member

dmr stem is 27mm stack I recall.

chakaping
    Free Member

Most of the stems mentioned will do the job, do the reserach yourself rather than take people’s words on the measurements though.

You can get away with more of a gap than you might think, 5mm is totally fine and you don’t really want it too close to the top TBH.

scotroutes

chakaping – Member
    Most of the stems mentioned will do the job, do the reserach yourself rather than take people’s words on the measurements though

Oi! I actually went to the garage and measured the Stubbing 🙂

tomhoward

Oi! I actually went to the garage and measured the Stubbing

My cousin, vinny, would like to know what you measured it with, and whether it was correctly calibrated?

ajantom

DMR Defy stem, just measured at 30.5 MM. with a set of recently calibrated Verniers.

vincienup
    Free Member

As above…

Interested no one has mentioned headsets yet though. There can often be 10mm of stack saving there, too depending on type.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wasn’t casting nasturtiums at anyone’s measuring skills. Just aware product spec can change.

Interested no one has mentioned headsets yet though. There can often be 10mm of stack saving there, too depending on type.

OP probably wants to keep that nice Hope headset in the pic.

jonnym92

DMR Defy as above was the shortest I found when faced with this issue.

pc2017
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Just sent the lad a message about the stem above. If thats not available I will got for the DMR.

Is it necessary to have spacers fitted or can you run without them?

ajantom

No spacers necessary. I had the exact same problem when I swapped all my bits over to a new frame recently. DMR Defy for £20 off the classifieds had me sorted.

mrjmt
    Free Member

What length stem do you want? I’ve got a stubbing you can have for postage cost but I think it’s 65mm long.

pc2017
    Free Member

65mm would be fine.
    Happy to proceed if you can PM me your PayPal details? I will send a bit extra over as well 🙂

pc2017
    Free Member

Just emailed you MRJMT

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Will a low stack stem work with this?’ is closed to new replies.