Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Will a bike fit in a current model Mondeo boot?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Trying to get out on my bike more and one solution relies on my bike fitting in the boot of the car I'm about to get – a current model Mondeo hatchback.

Anyone know if it'll fit in (wheels off, seatpost out if necessary)?

nbt

drop the back seats and it'll fit fine, I had a mondeo hatchback last week. If the seats MUST be up, it'll probalby be ok, didn;t try it but it's a pretty spacious boot

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Clubber – I'd be amazed if it didn't. I was getting mine in the back of a Vectra estate, with the load cover over it for security, all the time when I was riding up your way, and I've seen a Mundaneo boot and they are mahoosive!

clubber
    Free Member

can't drop the back seats easily due to baby seat in there!

I reckon it will fit but it'd be good to hear for sure.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i think so. i can get a bike into my vectra with the wheels off and seat up. mondeo is waay bigger.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, I got a large road bike in the boot of a hire mondeo no problems plus loads of bags with the seats still up. Had to take both wheels off though. I reckon a mountain bike will go in with one wheel still on.

I have to say, good choice for a car. I thought it was virtually faultless. The only beef I had was the totally bizare switch gear selection inside. It's like they couldn't make their mind up what colour the trim would be so they chose it from 4 different vendors.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for that – good to hear.

J0N
    Free Member

I might be a bit late to this.
    we regularly travel in my friends last model Mondeo. Three bikes and three persons with only the larger side rear seat dropped. bikes on their sides, front wheels off and all necessary bags. Loads of room!
    BTW focus hatch managed the same thing with a bit more careful arranging.

iain1775
    Free Member

Well if I can fit an entire Commencal Meta (medium) 2 wheels, overnight bag, riding kit and laptop bag entirely in the boot of a Hyundai i30 (remove wheels, seatpost and loosen handlebars)…….

clubber
    Free Member

Even better 🙂

devs
    Free Member

Aye front wheel off and it's a piece of cake.

Dickyboy

Don't the rear seats split anyway so you can drop one side down even if a child seat is fitted on the other?

StuF

I've got the older Mondeo (last model) and can get my cove HJ in the boot with the seats up (did have to remove wheels + seatpost and I think I popped the handlebar off the step too but I was in a hurry)

I think the new one has a bigger boot so you should be fine

Scootash
    Free Member

I'd've thought you could get a bike in the back of a fiat 500 if you take the wheels and seatpost off. I've carried my mountain bike with the wheels off on the back of a BMW motorbike and left tyre marks on the side of a transit van to prove it.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I'd say you could probably set up a nice short trail in the current Mondeo boot, seats down or not!

in my old Mondeo my large frames always fitted, seats up, wheels off. I rarely had to faff about with the seatpost so guess, as the new Mondeo is massive, things should be no different.

giantjason
    Free Member

i can get my alpine in the back of a MK11 focus with wheels and seatpost off and handlebars loosened.

mondeo boot is bigger so you should have no trouble.

stylish
    Free Member

If you can fold 1 part of the seat, you can leave the rear wheel in, if not its both wheels out and lay it flat in the boot, and this will leave plenty of room for the rest of your kit.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Thought about the estate rather than the hatchback? Now they are huuge… (though not as HUUUUUGE as my Galaxy 😉 )

Rich_s

I can get 2 (both wheels off, both posts out) in the boot of my new shape estate under the load cover. There's a fair bit of room to squeeze kit around them too. Dialled Alpine and Trace – so long forks, wide bars, etc. The hatchback boot is virtually the same IIRC, but either way you'll deffo fit one bike in.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Will a bike fit in a current model Mondeo boot?’ is closed to new replies.