• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will a bike fit in a box in a Fiat Panda?
  • cp

As above, will a boxed bike (packed as small as I can get it for the plane) fit in a Fiat Punto?

I need to rent a car in Italy & fancy a Fiat Panda – I know a few people have them as MTB cars, though most I’ve seen have the bike on the roof. What are the chances of 1 and or 2 bikes in boxes (large road bike, small mtb) in the back?

Ta, Chris

markcurtains
    Free Member

I’ve had my 19 inch hardtail in my Panda (man, that sounds so wrong) with the front wheel off BUT the fork was resting right against the rear side window and I expect as soon as I hit a bump, would’ve smashed it. BMXs fit in though…

cbike
    Free Member

Prob not. But will fit in a Golf.

Remember what you request with a hire co, may not be what you get. More likely to be bigger than smaller though.

poly
    Free Member

Prob not. But will fit in a Golf.

many years ago I used to own a Panda. I never actually tried to put a bike in it – but I think it would be possible with both the wheels off. and the back seat down.

ratcatcher

Have had a Chain Reaction bag (Evoc type)and a large dhb bag with road bikes in the back of an 05 Panda fairly short driver and passenger seat quite well forward

iolo
    Free Member

What size is the box.
    How wide are the internal dimensions.
    Call car hire firm and ask based on bike box dims.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will a bike fit in a box in a Fiat Panda?’ is closed to new replies.