Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • will 2.7 tyres fit on a enduro fsr??
  • pease
    Free Member

hey all. im looking to get new tyres for an alps trip in 2 weeks and im looking to go wider ie, 2.5 or maybe even 2.7 if they will fit??? its a 2009 enduro fsr frame with bombers on the front. just not sure if 2.7 is over kill or maybe they will be to wide??!!

MrOvershoot

Very much depends on which make of tyres if they will fit or not, but 2.7 is pretty big in any flavour so I would say no?

pease
    Free Member

i thought so too. think ill stick with 2.5s

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My 2008 Enduro runs 2.4″ Contis. There’s not a lot of clearance. I very much doubt you could get away with bigger.

pease
    Free Member

im thinking about 2.5 maxxis high rollers as i have 2.35s on now and theres still a good bit each side

cookies

why?

just did the mega on 2.35’s Maxxis Downhill high roller rear and Minion Front in super Tackey at full tilt. I’m 95KG and any bigger volume will just slow you down. If your smashing through pure down hill then 2.5’s are needed but I would suspect a double ply is all you need.

grum
    Free Member

You could get a 2.5 for the front and leave the back. Dual Ply is probably a good idea though, depending on what kind of riding you intend to do. Pedalling up any decent hills with super tacky dual ply tyres isn’t that much fun.

Northwind

Remember the 2.7 Highroller is almost exactly a 2.5… You need to go up one with Highrollers and Minions to get the size you actually want.

bruneep

Why 2.7s? Is there a boat coming the harbour?

2.5’s are more than enough.

pease
    Free Member

ha ok. no boats needed, i hope anyway. i think im going to stick with the 2.35s high roller 60a but defo dual ply

pease
    Free Member

i think i may have had landrover fever and just wanted huge tyres ha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘will 2.7 tyres fit on a enduro fsr??’ is closed to new replies.