Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wilier gtr or bianchi sempre ?
  • r17anm
    Free Member

I’m after a new racier road bike and I’ve narrowed it down to either a wilier gtr ultegra or bianchi sempre pro
    Read a bit about both but still not sure. Which would u go for ?

Philby

I am in a similar position. I have a Bianchi Via Nirone which I am going to move to winter duties.

I test rode the Wilier GTR Ultegra and really liked it – plus it looks gorgeous. Slight downsides IMO are that cranks and brakes aren’t Ultegra, and wheels could be better for the price.

I initially wanted to get a Bianchi as I already own one and looked at a Sempre Pro, but couldn’t test ride as LBS were moving and didn’t have one in my size. Looking at a smaller model close up I was slightly disappointed with the finish – some of the logos looked like transfers and didn’t look like they would last too long. Also for the price some of the kit is a bit under par.

I also tested a Cannondale Synapse 105 which was lovely, but felt like being in an armchair and IMO didn’t have the buzz of the Wilier. Also I was looking for an Ultegra model which are fairly rare.

I also test rode a Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 and was really impressed with the ride and its value for money – full Ultegra apart from crankset which is FSA Energy Focus and is 200 quid cheaper than the Wilier. The main downside is that the logo and paint design is more functional and not particularly attractive IMO.

My final option is a Rose CRS 3000 with full Ultegra and Mavic Kysirium Elite wheels for less than £1700.

For me the choice is now between the Focus and the Rose. However based purely on looks the Wilier is streets ahead of the others and if I had an unlimited budget would probably go for that and spend another £400-500 to get the spec I want.

Marmoset
    Free Member

If the GTR is the same as the 2013 GT then I’d go for that. I’ve had my gt for 16 months now. The handlings a lot sharper than the Cannondale Six it replaced and at the same time damps out the buzz a bit more, especially at the rear, the front end was a tad stiffer than the ‘dales forks. I still like riding it and it does turn heads when it’s out and about as it’s a good looking bike (also somewhat rarer than bianchis and pinarellos down here in Perth)

You won’t go wrong with either of them tbh, see if you can grab a ride on them and make a decision then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wilier gtr or bianchi sempre ?’ is closed to new replies.