Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wildlife avoidance
  • uplink
    Free Member

I must be a wildlife magnet

Today on my way to Dalby there's was upwards of 50 pheasants stood in the middle of the road waiting to be killed, never budged as I drove towards them – a fair number had already met their maker, young birds just let out by the look of them.
    Then a deer jumped out on me as I was driving down the hill to the car park
    On the bike I narrowly missed an adder that was sunning itself in the middle of the trail & then a fox ran a across in front of me & to cap it off I came across a big toad that was walking down the middle of the trail, all the above were at high speed with the resulting comedic efforts to avoid them

I drove home slowly 🙂

racefaceec90

man you should work for the bbc natural history unit!!!is your name dr doolittle 😀

Drac

The polts will have not long been released ready for the season to start so are exceptionally stupid at the moment.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I had a ride like that when out exploring trails at the start of the season. Ermine before I'd even left the car park, herd of Bouquetin Ibex, marmottes everywhere, chamois on the ridge lines and finally had to carefully edge my way between two big male Bouquetin to continue my ride! Was starting to get silly!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wildlife avoidance’ is closed to new replies.