• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wild night in Reading recommendations please…
  • MoreCashThanDash

For a middle aged civil servant, bored out of his tiny mind after a day in a training session and a 05.30 start.

I’ll be in the Premiere Inn by the shopping centre by the look of it. Google Maps has so far shown me Evans Cycles and a micro brewery 😉

conkerman
    Free Member

Sweeney todds pies!

Awesome.

purpleyeti
    Free Member

purple turtle

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Base jump from The Blade building with fireworks on yr ankles, land in an open-top Ferrari travelling at speed to arrive bang on kicking out time at a pub with a pint of John Smiths already set up at the bar as you run in!

martinhutch

Purple Turtle is not what it used to be – I remember the one that got demolished to make way for the Oracle. That was a proper establishment.

If you can’t face ending up in Nandos, you’re only 40 minutes from Central London on the train.

towzer

visit the After Dark Club, but not before 11pm

Sweeney Pies are good

Cougar

Been a while since I was there but, Litten Tree for a quiet drink or Purple Turtle for a loud one.

anagallis_arvensis

Nags Head on Russel Street for real ale, then after dark if its the classic indie night.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m going to see stewart lee at the hexagon tonight.

Take a walk round the outside of Reading Jail (where Oscar Wilde was locked up), followed by a tour of Abbey Gardens, (where Henry I is supposed to be buried).

locomotive

Nags Head, or the very recently opened Castle Tap on Castle Hill (opposite side to the Hexagon)

I’ve made the assumption you like drinking Beer. If you don’t then I probably wouldn’t be able to help

Marin
    Free Member

The “old” Purple Turtle was the scene of many chaotic nights for me. Reading was great fun at night in mid 90’s. That is of no use to you however.

lesgrandepotato

Zero degrees for a decent enough pizza and pint of something. They do pudding beer, well fruit beer for that post starter and main beer,

The Oakford Social is good as well and may have live music on.

rob2
    Free Member

Back of Mandela house for your skunk? (Allegedly. I’ve not lived there for about 5 years)

I always used to like o’neills. Many a drunk night there

Marin
    Free Member

Orts Road way by any chance rob. The most productive stairwell in the South of England.

rob2
    Free Member

Possibly. Was in the car park by the bins. £20 bag please 🙂

Why I have no short term memory now!

Marin
    Free Member

Ha ha. I’m a person who makes lots of lists. Now where’s my list gone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Wild night in Reading recommendations please…’ is closed to new replies.