• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by tang.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wild hot springs / pools in the uk
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Just been I the Pyrenees and had a lovely soak in a hot pool half way up a valley.
    So does anyone know are there any “wild” natural hotsprings, where you can just go to a river or pool in the forest and enjoy the hot water in the UK ?

Marin
    Free Member

Don’t think so. If you knew of any would you really post it up on a forum?

andyfla
    Free Member

Ah, true, but one can hope

woody2000
    5thElefant
    Free Member

There was a news item on one they found near stonehenge. I think ‘hot’ might be pushing it though. Not frozen in winter…

Marin
    Free Member

I stand corrected. Go bathe young man.

antennae
    Free Member

Alternatively, some of the world’s finest hot springs are north of us in Iceland, and Easyjet fly there these days…

dabble
    Free Member
    andyfla
    Free Member

Os map time I guess

stavromuller
    Free Member

I thought the Roman baths in Bath were fed by hot springs

CountZero

I thought the Roman baths in Bath were fed by hot springs

Yes, they are, but ‘wild hot springs’ they ain’t! You can only bathe in the Thermae Baths, and you have to pay handsomely for the privilege.
    There are no hot springs anywhere else in the west that are free to access that I’m aware of, and I’ve lived twelve miles from Bath all my life.

oldnpastit

What about the outflow from Sizewell B?

torihada
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member
    What about the outflow from Sizewell B?

One of the few times I’m actually allowed to use LOL.

tang
    Free Member

My favorite: Parvati valley off the kulu valley in the Indian himalaya. India’s hottest non sulphurous springs. Right at the top of the valley you had to walk 30k or so to over 3200 meters to find a chai shop and springs. Stayed all night on a full moon bathing and surrounded by high peaks, then onto pin Parvati pass at 5300mtrs, beautiful. The town down the valley, Manikaran, has a deep hot pool under every guest house.
    Some nice ones around Renns-les-Bains, nr Limoux in the Pyranees. UK, only Bath springs to mind….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wild hot springs / pools in the uk’ is closed to new replies.