Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wild Country zephyros 2 vs zephyros 2xl.
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Afternoon

Anyone actually had chance to compare these two tents in the flesh? I want something with a bit more headroom than my present tent, and these seem to keep coming up,but I can’t find anywhere to have a look at them.
    I’m hoping to go to a tent show in three weeks and am hoping they will have them there,just thought I’d ask on here first.

Ta.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not seen the xl. But at 5 10 the normal zephyros 2 is brilliant for me. No need for any larger. My head hits the top slighty when sitting up but that’s fine with me. Bear in mind I’m coming from a gelert solo so the zephyros 2 is utter luxury! :lol!

Cougar

That’s good to know; I’ve been agonising over the same decision myself.

Anywhere doing a good deal on them? Also, is the ‘lite’ version worth the premium? I don’t want to compromise build quality / waterproofing for the sake of a few grams, I’m bored of throwing away tents now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

I want something with a bit more headroom than my present tent

Actually – aren’t they the same hight? The XL is wider and longer, but no taller, I thought? (Would have to look it up to be sure though.)

houndlegs
    Free Member

Cougar,best I’ve seen is Uttings so far,£100 for the 2 and £150 for the 2xl lite.
    Seosamh,I’m 5 11 so not much difference,so that’s good to know.
    I had to spend about 2 hours in the rain in my present tent last weekend,and sat up my head is jammed right in the apex.

Edit. I think its higher as well, but don’t hold me to it.

Cougar

That’s a cracking price for the XL; I can’t find the non-XL version for much under fifty quid more than that.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Bear in mind there is only the middle section you can sit up at with head touching the top, the inner is quite slack and there’s a decent distance between the inner and outer too, so hitting the inner isn’t too bad at all. Elsewhere you can lounge about in it freely and do stuff like get changed etc no bother. I’m not exactly slight at 18 stone either!

grantway
    Free Member

I have been looking at the same tent so hope this helps

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInSv7G5Cgg[/video]

houndlegs
    Free Member

In case anyones interested,I picked up a 2 XL lite in a Cotswolds shop today,£150. Pitched it earlier just for a nosey,like you do.
    Its huge for one person,I’m 5 11 and led down there’s a good two foot of space left,also room to sit up without head being jammed in the top.
    If you were to open the inner tent and utilise the porch,I’d go as far as to say you could probably sleep with the bike inside.
    There’s a door either side,one forwards and one back,the inner tent has a massive door one side which is pretty much the whole side of the inner tent,and one about half size the other side.
    The inner tent is a bit loosish,but I’m sure I can get better with a few pitches. First pitch took me 15 minutes so I’m sure that can get less,with practice.
    Early days yet obviously, but it seems a cracking tent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wild Country zephyros 2 vs zephyros 2xl.’ is closed to new replies.