Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wild Camping
  • bobyou72
    Free Member

Considering wild camping during the Yorkshire stages of the Tour de France this year, possibly on Buttertubs pass.
    Just really thinking convenience and just being there before all the road closures, etc.
    Is this allowed in a British National Park?? Just comparing with the camper van fest when the tour goes over the French passes…

Nick

Is sneaking into a quiet corner of the dales when no one is looking, setting up a tarp and bivvy bag, and the up and by the road in the morning, not leaving a trace, allowed? Strictly speaking I don’t think so…. 🙂

However, I suspect that you will not be alone.

butcher

I was pondering this. Though I’m not quite sure what to expect, and can half imagine turning up and finding 300 other people with the exact same idea…

scandalous
    Free Member

don’t leave a trace and don’t make it obvious – they are the only rules!

to be honest – there will be so many people camping out that weekend, it will be very busy! just hope that everyone remembers to take their trash home with them!

footflaps

Fresh water is the main factor when wild camping. Not many streams on the tops of the Buttertubs.

nammynake
    Free Member

Anyone else planning to ‘wild camp’ near the route? Were thinking Buttertubs too.

cbike
    Free Member

No need for streams. Take a bottle of water – visit a hotel before bed. Wild camping is more luxurious than you think….

http://www.nationalparks.gov.uk/visiting/camping

…I reckon it will be a roadside camping hellhole, with pissed off farmers every 5 kms and the best plan is to come to Scotland camping and watch it on the telly in the pub.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wild Camping’ is closed to new replies.