Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wild boar on Freeminer trail FoD
  • SludgeJudge

Encountered a wild boar sow and her piglet on the trail near the top of the big climb yesterday. I slowed down and they wandered off into the undergrowth. When I drew level I could see the piglet & thought about stopping to take a photo until the sow appeared making some pretty scary noises so I pedalled on quickly!

Are wild boars a common sight on these trails and what’s the best advice to avoid trouble?

Really great little trail – enjoyed it much more than the new Penhydd trail.

wwaswas

At least it didn’t hog the trail!

Igmc

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mostly they have the sense to keep away from the popular areas but they aren’t always bothered. Probably moving away from that bloody awful row that was going on across the hill. Just ignore them although getting between mum and little one isn’t always clever. Big solitary ones tend to be sociable and will happily pose for pics.

SludgeJudge

Mattsccm – thanks, sounds like it’s no pig deal…

simonhbacon
    Free Member

Last time I was there a boar was wandering casually around the car park. Presumably hoping for scraps.

JAG

Are you sure the boar in the car park wasn’t just there to tell everyone how his new 29er ‘makes the trail come alive’ 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

The deer are worse, especially in the rutting season

TrekEX8
    Free Member

There is a helpline you can ring, but last time I just got a load of crackling.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The deer are worse, especially in the rutting season

Really? That’s staggering!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wild boar on Freeminer trail FoD’ is closed to new replies.