Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wild Boar Fell in the Yorkshire Dales – Worth a Go?
  • mrchrist

Hi,

Anybody ridden the bridelway on Wild Boar Fell in the Dales? Is it best from east to west or west to east? What sort of surface is it: grass or rocky trail?

OS map of it click me

Was very close to it at the weekend but didn’t have time to give it a go.

martinhutch
    mrchrist

Wow looks amazing….

On goole earth the path looks like a well worn in one, not a grassy wonder. Maybe I will avoid that then.

Thanks martinhutch

martinhutch

That’s the ridge not necessarily the BW. Gives you an idea though. I’m sure someone will be along who’s ridden it recently though.

ElShalimo

rode it West to East last September on a very wet and wild day (A683 – long slog up thru mist to High Dolphinsty – Outhgill – Wharton Fell – lovely pint in Fat Lamb)
    The descent east from High Dolphinsty is really good, fast & muddy in some parts, rocky and rutted in other. Typical Dales terrain – lots of grass covered limestone so keep your wits about you

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Rode it East to West at the end of a long ride from Long Preston on the Pennine Bridleway last year.

Short and a bit of pushing up to High Dophinsty, fast and longish, easy but not without interest to Stennerskeugh.

Reckon it’ll be middlin’ to good either way around 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wild Boar Fell in the Yorkshire Dales – Worth a Go?’ is closed to new replies.