Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wii to Wii U?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

So I’ve pre-ordered a Wii U for when Mario Kart comes out. Are any of our existing Wii peripherals compatible with the Wii U? Or will we need to get a whole load of extra controllers to play 4 player MK?

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

all wireless or USB wii peripherals work on the wiiu.

There’s no gamecube sockets on the wiiu, so you can’t use those peripherals.

nemesis
    Free Member

Nintendo will be happy – that’ll be their first WiiU sale of the year 🙂

I’ve been looking at XB360 or PS3 instead – just seems like the games will have more longevity.

loddrik
    Free Member

Nintendo will be happy – that’ll be their first WiiU sale of the year

I’ve been looking at XB360 or PS3 instead – just seems like the games will have more longevity.

Some of us have young kids for whom, shock horror, Nintendo is far more suitable with games geared far more towards them.

Toasty

Loads of top games on the WiiU still 🙂 We own a PS3 and Xbox 360 too, more often than not I’d rather just get the games on PC though, you get a better product, for less money and don’t hog the TV all night.

Lots of 2-4 player coop games on the WiiU too!

Edit: Oh and you can play all your Wii games directly on the WiiU too, all your wiimotes work fine. Very handy given how expensive they are!

ransos
    Free Member

Some of us have young kids for whom, shock horror, Nintendo is far more suitable with games geared far more towards them.

So why not just use the Wii?

Jason
    Free Member

My 8 year old son is quite excited about Mario Kart 8 being released next Friday. Hopefully it arrives early in the morning as he has invited several of his friends around to play it.

As above all the old Wii stuff works on the Wii U. There is a bit of software you can download that neatly transfers all the saved game data from the Wii to the Wii U.

jamj1974

So why not just use the Wii?

Newer games and additional games perhaps…

nemesis
    Free Member

I have young kids. Young kids don’t need the latest games.

I have a wii and it’s great but I wouldn’t consider a wiiu given I already have the wii

fd3chris
    Free Member

That just reminded me thanks 🙂 I’ve just pre ordered MK8.

jamj1974

nemesis – Member
    I have young kids. Young kids don’t need the latest games.

Young kids don’t need any games – no one does. They might want and enjoy them though…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wii to Wii U?’ is closed to new replies.