Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Wiggos new bike
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

He wasn’t on his Pinarello on the news today, but presumably the Team GB Olympic bikes…any idea who makes them?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

No idea who makes it but wtf is going on with the head tube/top tube interface and that stem.

Klunk
    Free Member

why have I got a bad feeling about this ?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Looks like a set of dodgy alibaba.com carbon forks too

amplebrew

That bike looks really small in that pic.

Is it one of those new Chinarello’s?

Offroading
    Free Member

Looks like all decals are removed. Nothing on the wheels, tyres or crank arms.

racefaceec90

i’m glad it’s not just me that thinks the bike will break in half at slightest provocation 😯 it does look extremely flimsy those forks/headtube junction too.

theotherjonv

any idea where they are staying / training. Would assume somewhere around the road race route somewhere.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Looks like the track bikes. Marginal gains….all road team on them on Sat ???? FUGLY though

tazzymtb

and he’s using elliptical rings, the fool, does he not know they’ll never work and may actually kill him. It’s like bio-pace all over again 😯

geetee1972
    Free Member

They’re staying in surrey somwhere. I know that’s not helpful either, but I was thinking the same thing as you.

Never felt star struck or groupie like before but this whole month has been one for firsts.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

where’s the photo from ??

theotherjonv

he’s not even smashing it in the big ring.

You’ll be telling me his legs were tired or something.

Klunk
    Free Member

Brad was in Wigan today taking his son to a rugby camp.

matt_outandabout

i’m glad it’s not just me that thinks the bike wiggo will break in half at slightest provocation

FTFY

clunker

China eBay special

OmarLittle
    Free Member

where’s the photo from ??

Pinched it from another forum 😀 It is from today though as there was some footage on C4 News of him going for a ride

colournoise

Looking at pics from this year’s track world champs, whoever made the bike Wiggins was on today made them for the track team too (and they didn’t do too badly). VERY similar headtube area and seat/chain stay arrangement.

slainte ❓ rob

OmarLittle
    Free Member

btw does the UCI weight limit on bikes apply to the Olympics?

wheelie

ACG ? Built the track bikes for last olympics.

wheelie

ACG ? Built the track bikes for last olympics.

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

Where is it’s UCI approved sticker?

I_Ache
    Free Member

It’s probably a pinarello proto of some sorts. Are the usual minimum weight uci rules in the Olympics?

RealMan
    Free Member

That looks awful.

Edric64
    Free Member

If it does the trick on Saturday who cares,? to a pro its just a tool

compositepro
    Free Member

He wasn’t on his Pinarello on the news today, but presumably the Team GB Olympic bikes…any idea who makes them?

Atlas composites perhaps,Tis true ACG did the 2008 bikes but the clever greek fella has moved on,still doing the olympic bikes ,spoke to him last week

grum
    Free Member

They’re staying in surrey somwhere. I know that’s not helpful either, but I was thinking the same thing as you.

Never felt star struck or groupie like before but this whole month has been one for firsts.

That pic was taken in Eccleston I think – I’m going there in the morning funnily enough (not to stalk his family/home btw 🙂 )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2177640/Bradley-Wiggins-training-Eccleston-winning-Tour-France.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

cheez0
    Free Member

nice stealth bike

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its one of those new Deng Fu horse hair/saw dust composite frames I think.

nomakoman
    Free Member

it’s a uksport design, fresh out the box for this olympics, you can get em on uksport site too 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

why have I got a bad feeling about this ?

because you think your ideas of well executed advanced composite construction and bike design are better than the experts ❓

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if you have to ask the price…………………..

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/cycling/

Presumably they release them just before the competition so that the opposition can’t order one, then if anyone else buys one it’s always behind the development curve as they’ll have something new by the next Olympics?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohhhhh, and is no one going to mention the rules? Leggings and short sleeves, standards are slipping!

druidh
    Free Member

1″ steerer on forks 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s planet x mate, XC team are on Steel 456’s too

Klunk
    Free Member

because you think your ideas of well executed advanced composite construction and bike design are better than the experts

nope, because I’d rather see them riding the same bikes as Sunday.

zerocool

Read an article about them just before the last Olympics, all their track bikes are designed in house. I’m assuming it’s one of those.

MrSmith
    Free Member

thanks for making that clear.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why? Pinarellos are gopping (IMO), and Italian, hardly right for ‘Team GB’. And presumably they can’t be paid to ride the Olympics, so they can’t be sponsoored by Pinarello either, and they only ride the bikes their paid to ride, if not they may as well make the best they can.

1″ steerer on forks

Aero innit? Lots of manufacturers spec 1.1/8 to 1.1/5 steerers on their mid range bikes, then go for 1.1/8 to 1.1/4 on their high end models which still has to cope with fatty jo public. I’d imagine that with better manufactuing processes and a 65kg weight limit they can get away with things Cannondale/Trek/Pinarello can’t.

Klunk
    Free Member

Why? Pinarellos are gopping (IMO), and Italian, hardly right for ‘Team GB’. And presumably they can’t be paid to ride the Olympics, so they can’t be sponsoored by Pinarello either, and they only ride the bikes their paid to ride, if not they may as well make the best they can.

so they are riding what they are used to and what they have used to smash the opposition in every event they’ve ridden them in. I know as professional riding it shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference what bike they ride, but these Pinarellos have been tuned to a state of perfection for these riders and to change them now IMHO would be a mistake.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Wiggos new bike’ is closed to new replies.