Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Wiggle's new courier…
  • BillOddie

I have ordered loads of stuff from Wiggle over the years and it’s come with zero hassle.

However my current order is being delivered by a company called DX, who I have never heard of.

It was supposed to be delivered today but now they have now cancelled my delivery for today and it will be delivered in the next 2 days apparently.

They’ve lost my parcel haven’t they…

marthall
    Free Member

Had a two Wiggle deliveries in the last couple of months from them… all fine. Ironically the last was Royal Mail and it was late.

oli31
    Free Member

They’ve lost my parcel haven’t they…

Probably!

Ordered a few bits a couple of weeks ago paid the 2.99 postage, bits arrived a week later after lots of hassles. Apparently a town halfway between Inverness and Aberdeen is ‘remote’ I did get my postage refunded and a £5 voucher so can’t really complain.

Just ordered new shoes, haven’t paid postage so law of sod says they’ll be here tomorrow (which would be nice : ).

mrblobby
    Free Member

I know it’s an extra £4.99 for next day but I reckon it’s worth it for DPD, especially with the Predict delivery.

devash
    Free Member

I had one Wiggle parcel from DX when I ordered some lube and a can of Fork Juice due to Royal Mail’s blanket ban on liquids and aerosols and it came on time with no problems.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Had Dx deliver some stuff a couple of days ago, no problem. Kept me in the loop via text throughout the time

mrhoppy

‘lost it’, abandoned it outside your house for a week whilst you’re on holiday because they were late delivering it. Take you’re pick.

DX are an absolute shower of lying **** cheating shites.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

my ‘dx’ stuff from wiggle just comes via royal mail anyways, or am I missing something here?!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I won’t worry about them using DX, they’re not widely know, but they represent the very sensible trousers end of the courier business.

They run their own secure postal service and are more reliable than Royal Mail so big multi-site data sensitive businesses use them for secure internal post (Banks, Law Firms, Insurance Firms etc) – they also operate rail freight and other logistical stuff. More FedEx than Yodel.

I didn’t even know they did consumer end stuff – but in the 10 years we used them in RBS they never, not once lost a shipment we sent – and that was the reason we used them even though they cost a bloody fortune.

bowglie

A fork I ordered yesterday from Wiggle was delivered by DX this morning – well, when I say delivered, I mean I had to go out and catch the driver before he left it with the neighbour. The driver said “yeah, I looked at your house and it didn’t fink no-one was in, so thought I’d try the neighbour” hmmm, it’s all of an extra 5 metres or so extra to walk to try our house first (lazy bu**er!).

Maybe I just got a duff driver, but I wasn’t impressed.

project
    Free Member

Dx do deliveries for a well known hardware store, customer ordered some doors, driver taken ill at her house while delivering, massive amount of deliveries he had to do that day, manager called by customer and relief driver sent out. Out of 5 doors delivered 2 damaged, one wrong size, replacement ones sent out, one damaged.

cubicboy
    Free Member

When Royal Mail were contracted to do the deliveries the service was seamless. I’ve had dozens of parcels arrive then next day after delivery (a day early). With DX they lost the first parcel for a week. The second order took four days. The delivery drivers seem like rushed-off-their-feet local contracters who have bid for the work at the lowest price. It’s clearly a cost-saving thing from Wiggle. It’s made me shop elsewhere and eroded my loyalty.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I’ve had three or four parcels from wiggle recently, all using DX. No problem. Kept me in the loop via text and email the whole time.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Ah I spoke too soon about DX – bought a set of Pike’s off PB and he used DX.

I texted him to find out when he was going to send the forks, says I should already have rec’d them! Sends me a copy of the delivery receipt signed for by my neighbour. Didn’t recognise the name. Anyhow went on to their website and it looks like it was delivered to the adjoining county! They have a weird way of representing information. It turns out that was just the depot.

Anyhow the seller followed up and confirmed it was left with a neighbour (managed to get a first name which I then recognised)) – the courier it seems was all flustered as she couldn’t find the house to start with. No note to say it was left with the neighbour though which is a bit poor.

xora

DX are utterly useless, I had to sleep on the floor because they just didn’t bother to deliver my matress. In fact they didn’t even bother to move it out of sending depot for a day!

vinnyeh

Ordered some stuff from wiggle around 3pm Monday afternoon, collected it from the local Wiggle Cycle Service centre next morning.
    Haribo in the box, Haribo in a jar on the counter, and a free pair of DHB sunnies for using the collect service. No complaints here.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Dx are the worst , waited in all day and then it never came with them claiming a failed delivery and lying their behind off, emailed them and got an unhelpful response, then called them out on twitter and finally they managed an attempt at customer service and they sorted am delivery which came without hassle. Think twitter is @dxnews or something like that, worth mentioning to wiggle too so they can see dx arent making them look very good

andybanks
    Free Member

Good luck with DX

I sent 600 parcels with DPD last month. Not one problem.

150 with DX and about a 5% damage rate plus 5% failed deliveries.

They’re know as DIX in the industry or Night Fright/Shite (they bought Night Freight)

rOcKeTdOg

Royal mail delivered my wiggle parcel yesterday

BillOddie

Just circling back, DX delivered my wiggle parcel on Wednesday at some point.

Which was well within the economy delivery window.

APC are still the sole name my useless w*****s list.

postierich
    Free Member

and mine tracked with txts to say out for delivery and delivered!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I looked at your house and it didn’t fink no-one was in, so thought I’d try the neighbour

I took delivery of my wheels from Wiggle via DX yesterday.

I missed them on Wednesday, so arranged re-delivery for yesterday & they did turn up.

The driver said:

“I didn’t see a car in the driveway, so assumed nobody was home”

Unbelievable!

davosaurusrex

Ugg. Getting some wheels delivered to work. Due today, big construction site, gates always manned, deliveries all day no problem. DX have “left a card”, where they’ve left it I have no idea. Not holding out much hope of getting them. Useless.

jimw
    Free Member

I used to get secure parcels delivered by DX on a fairly regular basis. Always by the same Romanian bloke who was always reliable, always about the same time of day-a really nice guy.

Then, just before Christmas I had a nightmare delivery of important stuff I had arranged to get for a client.
    It took three days for a next day delivery and delivery was only really resolved when I complained on facebook ( had a call within 5 minutes!)
    Their excuse was on the first day? the van had an accident so all parcels when back to base.- why did I get told on the phone the had tried to deliver but I wasn’t in then?
    Their excuse on the second day was that the driver ‘ran out of daylight’ to deliver. This was after a solemn pronmise it would be delivered that morning

Turned up on Saturday, the driver told me that the great Romanian guy had quit because of the expectations put on him delivering right out on the edge of their area. He said no one wanted to deliver ‘out here’ because it messed up their day.

When I complained, outlining above, I was told that the Saturday driver would be disciplined for telling me what he had!
    I now use Royal Mail.

njee20
    Free Member

Apparently a town halfway between Inverness and Aberdeen is ‘remote’

Err, yes. It is 😕

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Phew, just checked the tracking and my Wiggle order is coming by Royal Mail 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

How does the DX tracking work? My replacement dropper is coming from Wiggle with DX. So far it was collected on Weds and no updates to the tracking since. I’ve tried the Wiggle generated link and when I try on DX site it doesn’t recognise any numbers or postcode.

bigrich

I ordered a set of wheels on a monday, delivered to melbourne for free on thursday.

bigrich

but then again, I ordered a chainring and it took three weeks.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I didn’t find DX to particularly brilliant.

Tracking isn’t great, no card through the door, they aren’t too helpful on the phone, and you need to get through to the right branch before they can help you (plus DX is seperate from “DX freight”, which is used for large items).
    Getting through to the right branch sounds easy, except its done automatically based on your phone number is seems, so tricky if you ring from work.

Presumably all this is geared up for business customers rather than the general public.

The new Eastway FB bike is great though.

whitestone
    Free Member

Ordered some stuff from Wiggle and chose my workplace as delivery address. Got an email at 0805 saying it would be delivered between 0800 and 1800. Got in to work to find it had been delivered at 0750 – 15 minutes before they sent the email out!

Note that this is the first order I’ve placed with Wiggle since DX became their courier of choice so have little to compare it with.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

DX > **** shower of shite!

Placed an order with Wiggle for mudguards on Wed, email from DX to say delivery Fri, no attempt to deliver on Fri but an email on Mon to say “Unfortunately we were unable to safely deliver your Wiggle order on Saturday 22 Aug 2015 12:31″ (note the specific date & time on this email).

Rescheduled online, on Mon for Tue, noting the following:
    “Standard redelivery – free of charge
    All standard redeliveries will take place between 9am and 5pm on your chosen day Monday to Friday.
    A signature will be required on redelivery.”

No attempt to deliver before I left at 16:00 yesterday and an email this morning to say “DX have recently attempted but were unable to safely deliver your Wiggle order.” Note, no specific date & time on this email; I suspect this is deliberate due to either attempting to deliver outside their stated 9-5 slot, or not making an attempt at all.

This is a business address with 24×7 reception cover. I’d concede that for the attempted delivery on Sat afternoon the security guard may have had a call of nature, or have been doing the rounds so the door may have been locked…however, there’s no **** way in the world that he wouldn’t have been able to deliver yesterday between 9-5!

Mudguards too…its been the wettest week in recent memory!

Wiggle is by far my favorite and most used online bike store, by a huge margin, but another experience like this and I’m gonna have to spread the love 😀

#firstworldproblems

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle's new courier…’ is closed to new replies.