• This topic has 61 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Clink.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Wiggle's courier just messed up a delivery – are Wiggle good at sorting things?
  • igm

DX reckon they left my order (shorts and gels) in a safe place (though they can’t tell me where) even though I had it delivered to my work site where reception is manned 24hrs a day. They haven’t arrived.

Dropped a line though to Wiggle – less than an hour ago so I wouldn’t have expected a response just yet, though I wish they had a phone number.

All my previous experiences of Wiggle have been positive, but I’ve got a bad feeling about this one.

Am I likely to have my new shorts (the gels are less of a worry time-wise) for the weekend?

Any experiences or advice (or working phone numbers)?

mrhoppy

IME not particularly, live chat and if necessary escalate through contact the MD options on the website plus extreme persistence.

g5604
    Free Member

They sent me the wrong size tyre, took ages getting back to me then said I would have to post it back to them and wait for confirmation etc… pretty annoyed as I paid for next day delivery.

Finally spoke to someone who said they could send out the new tyre first – bit miffed about the fuss I had to make as I have spent many £££ with them.

Clink

I had issues with a recent order. I put notes in the order box which states that will delay order as somebody has to read the notes. Basically it was a sale item and the last one – I ordered it but asked them to delay dispatch as on holiday. They obviously either didn’t read or chose to ignore as I then get an e-mail saying it had been dispatched with tracking info. I e-mailed twice but didn’t receive a reply. I eventually got through on live chat who apologised and said they would delay delivery with DX and it would come the following week.

Just as we were about to leave the house it turned up! Obviously turned out well for me, but communication was frustrating to say the least. 😕

igm

This bad feeling isn’t going away.

Clink

This bad feeling isn’t going away.

Sorry… 🙁

I’m sure it will be fine! 😀

warton
    Free Member

Am I likely to have my new shorts (the gels are less of a worry time-wise) for the weekend?

No.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

DX are a joke. It’s usually some scruffy erbert in a knackered Astra estate.
    The passport office use them. They left my new passport elastic banded to the gatepost…

igm

Strange isn’t it. I’ve always used the free Royal Mail delivery and its always worked.

First time I go for the faster delivery and DX mess it up.

And DX’s response on the phone was well we left it in a safe place. Where?, says I. A safe place comes the response.

Clink

I’d much rather use RM but no choice with item I ordered.

I hadn’t ordered from Wiggle in a while due to past delivery issues but this item was too good to miss.

mrhoppy

DX Freight are lying cheating scumbags. The 1st bike we ordered from Wiggle got ‘lost’ in their depot, wiggle would not send a replacement until it was confirmed lost, DX wouldn’t communicate. When the replacement was finally issued DX were 2 day late on the guaranteed next day delivery and left the police in a ‘safe place’, infront of our garage whilst we were away for a week

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Are DX also known as Parcel Freight by any chance?

I had a Wiggle order and frame box arrived all good and all, and the delivery driver even stated a massive apology for there being puddles in his lorry as there were holes all over his roof if you could call it that.

Lucky I ordered titanium and that there wasn’t in fact any water that had touched my box, just a touch of damp.

dingleberry
    Free Member

In my experience Wiggle are great… but DX are crap. Had a huge heavy parcel somehow go missing last year – they were hopeless with chasing it up/compensation claim/communication/etc – then 2-3 months later it turned up smashed to bits. 😐

mrhoppy

igm

Still no response from Wiggle other than the automated email acknowledging the form I fill in to go to customer services.

Nothing involving a human.

devash
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it. It will get sorted as Wiggle customer services are one of the better ones in my opinion.

DX are a joke though. Another cowboy outfit to add to the list alongside Yodel and MyHerpes.

Blame Nu Labour / Tories for screwing up Royal Mail.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

I had issues earlier this year, dx lied when i emailed about trying to deliver saying they coulnt gain access, but they coulnt provide the photo they have to take of the entrance if they cant gain access, so i called them and wiggle out on twitter , within 10 mins it was sorted. If you have twiiter kick up a stink !

igm

Twitter joined.
    Wiggle followed.

I really don’t want to fight with Wiggle, they’ve been great over the years, but I want my stuff and it’s not here and Wiggle customer services have still to respond.

What do you reckon – let them have 24hrs from my contact with them?

I’m sure it’s the courier – but they chose the courier. I wanted Royal Mail.

igm

Wiggle just emailed. They’re going to ask to see DX’s photo.

convert

I wish you luck – I’ve always had a good experience with them (wiggle, not DX). Coincidentally my wife has been looking to work for them – her impression is they are a car crash of disorganisation. Effectively a company that grew faster than their structure could handle and are royally bolloxed. Her analogy was like a swan – serene and cool on the outside and thrashing around wildly under the water.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Wiggle were superb when they started but I stopped using them a long time ago when they switched from the Posties to which ever courier was the lowest common denominator

Sounds like DX are the new city link

I pay extra for whichever Internet outfit delivers to the post office in case I’m out

Good luck

richmtb

DX really are a joke

We ordered a swing for the little-un from Toys R Us, to be delivered by DX, wife waited in 2 days in a row only for it not to turn up. Contacted Toys R Us and the delivery has been “lost” we are still waiting for the replacement.

I’ve always found wiggle to be pretty good at sorting stuff out though

igm

I’m going to continue posting to this thread until resolution.

I’ll try to stay reasonably objective and always civil, but I will report whether things are positive or not – in my subject opinion of course.

So far I think the only things Wiggle have got wrong are contracting with DX and not having a phone contact for instant communication – but on the latter they never did and that was never an issue previously.

Going through their website, damaged goods, faulty goods, wrong size, just don’t like is well catered for, but their entire website model is based on the premise that delivery occurs.

igm

I think is is turning into free management consultancy for Wiggle – should I be charging?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Think you need to calm the #### down and just wait, patience is a virtue.

igm

Wiggle’s customer services people seem reasonably switched on.

renton
    Free Member

Why should he have to calm the #### down ???

they have said that the item has been delivered and left in a safe place although they cant tell him where that safe pace is?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Correction, DX have stated that not Wiggle, therefore is not Wiggle at fault here.

re-read renty!

otsdr
    Free Member

Got fed up with Wiggle and their semi-automated support system after they’ve sent me the wrong item twice. That was 4 years ago, though.

renton
    Free Member

No, Wiggle employ DX as their courier therfore the OP should be contacting wiggle which he has done.

Wiggle should send replacements and then contact DX themselves.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah maybe but that’s in an ideal world which when you delve into it, no other retailer would do that as they just go on the info provided by courier.

Otherwise it would play havoc with their stock indication levels.

ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN

igm

I’ve had two different customer services people email back, both polite, both professional and both seem to be aware of the details thus far. I can’t fault them except for the lack of a phone number and contacting a courier who have failed them.

I contacted DX initially as I had a tracking email from them (10 hours after they say they delivered – that increased my chances of it still being in their safe place) and they were officious (we can’t tell you things unless instructed to by Wiggle) and generally disappointing.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for Wiggle here – I will get either my goods of my money back, while they may well lose the cost (to them, less tax write off) of the goods.

I think I’m still pretty calm but as to whether patience is a virtue? At times, at times.

I also think I’ve been very careful to try not to badmouth people – excepting where the facts make that practically in avoidable and even then I have explained why, for example, I thought DX were officious.

Ultimately I intend to send this link to Wiggle (anyone worried?) and I am hoping that it shows the story of how they worked hard to turn round an initial sticky situation into a very happy customer.

If perhaps a slightly impatient one. 😉

PS given I didn’t get the £2.99 speed of service, they might even refund that.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

😉 sounds good!

igm

I’ve just deleted a post that having read the last response was unnecessary

jamj1974

hopeychondriact – Member
    Correction, DX have stated that not Wiggle, therefore is not Wiggle at fault here.
    re-read renty!

Hopeychondriact. DX are the agent of Wiggle, so the OP is right to complain to Wiggle and to want action now. Paid a premium price for the premium service and expects that to be fulfilled meeting his expectation regardless of who the work is contracted out to…

renton
    Free Member

Hopynobriact my brain IS engaged thank you very much.

OP has paid wiggle for goods and delivery, just because DX have messed up and cant remember where they have put the OP’s parcel isnt his fault.

Although wiggle have done nowt wrong the problem is still theirs and they have to chase DX and also keep the op happy.

EDIT : oh and if you had read my first post correctly I never mentioned wiggle and was actually referring to DX.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Hang on a minute, he has contacted Wiggle who have assisted.

But you still persist to think you know it all.
    Bell and end!

teasel
    Free Member

WTF…?

renton
    Free Member

I dont persist to know it all but you were telling my I was wrong earlier whereas someone else on here has also backed up what I said.

Yes, wiggle have assisted but not in the ocrrect way imo

kerley
    Free Member

A lot of people seem to misunderstand that the relationship is with the seller not the courier.

I never talk to couriers if anything has gone wrong, I go straight to the seller and let them deal with it as they should. They choose cheap and nasty couriers, they have to deal with all the issues.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle's courier just messed up a delivery – are Wiggle good at sorting things?’ is closed to new replies.