Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wiggle won't stop emailing me
  • Rustychain
    Free Member

About a month ago I unsubscribed from Wiggle’s emails (I’ve been trying to cut down on the number of emails I get, nothing wrong with Wiggle).

They kept coming, so I emailed ‘support’, who said I’d be removed from their lists. The emails were still coming, so I emailed ‘support’ again, but they’re still coming though.

First world problems and all that, but I wondered if anyone had experienced the same and managed to resolve it?

IHN

I had similar with Laithwaite’s wines a few years go (actual mail though, not email); rang them, asked to be removed from mailing list they said no problem. I received more mail from them a month or so later, rang again, they apologised, promised it was sorted. Naturally, more mail appeared a few weeks later…

In the end I politely informed them that they were in breach of the Data Protection Act, and if I received anyhng else from the I would report them to the office of the Data Protection Commisioner. That seemed to work.

P-Jay
    Free Member

You could tag them as spam in with your e-mail provider / outlook etc, downside of course is if you do use them again all your order confirmation emails etc will likely be sent to your spam inbox.

edlong
    Free Member

Just a thought – you haven’t got any old / secondary email addresses that are forwarded to that one have you? Could Wiggle be emailing you at a diferent address from the one you’ve asked them not to use?

toby1

The chances are the lists you are on were built about a month ago. I’d give it another couple of weeks before getting too enraged about it. Quite often there is a disconnect between the engine you are emailed from and the platform you use to un-subscribe. Not ideal, but it should reflect sooner or later.

devash
    Free Member

Same thing happened with me and Flybe. I used to travel with them regularly when my girlfriend worked in Italy and every time I booked a flight they kept automatically re-adding me to their promotions mailing list.

jairaj

Ask them to send you free haribo to say sorry.

bikeneil
    Free Member

burt
    Free Member

If that works bikeneil that’s genius.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely it would have been far quicker just to block their email ?

Rustychain
    Free Member

Top tip bikeneil. If they don’t stop, that’s my plan.

I’ll also block them as well just in case.

Sorted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle won't stop emailing me’ is closed to new replies.