Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Wiggle SpinDoctor workstand – any good?
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Down to £50 for this week and I have a £10 voucher to use as well so, t'would seem daft not too……?

wwaswas

"t'would seem daft not too"

yep.

GaryLake
    Free Member

It's a bit crude but it does the job and as you said, for the money you'd be daft not to.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robbo1234biking

Ive got one and find it fine for general tinkering and stuff that I do. Might not suit someone who is doing things on a day by day basis but good for general stuff

bigbloke
    Free Member

had it for a year , been good, worth it.

BoardinBob

Got one too. Solid, easy to adjust. No complaints at all.

stompy

Snapped the clamp handle off of ours after a few months 😥

Still not got round to getting onto Wiggle about it. From the above replys it seems like I was just unlucky. Apart from the snapped off handle has been fine………

stumpy01

Yeah – I've got one of these & it's pretty useful. Well worth the money – use mine loads.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Yep. Good for me too. No probs.

br
    Free Member

The problem with those clamps is that for differing size posts, you need to adjust them (with the bike in the other hand) – better to spend more on one with a better clamp – say Park PCS-9.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have one, I wouldn't call it solid – certainly not the clamp. Kind of wish I'd bought a better one but it's fine for occaisional use, if you have heavy bikes though I would avoid…

bentos
    Free Member

My clamp handle has also snapped off. I have had it for two years and considering the price it has done well.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers all – only for occasional fettling, and not on anything silly heavy so, I'll give it a go…..
    Chris

br – or you could just take the seatpost out of the bike, adjust clamp to suit……. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

TBF mine broke in the post – Wiggle were really good with sending a replacement out.

HTTP404
    Free Member

The moral of this thread is – to go easy on the handle – moderately tighten with the lever followed by a quick twist of the lever.
    Hopefully mine will continue to give good service.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

get one – you really won't believe how much easier it makes your life, and if you treat it right, it'll last for years.

I am a workstand convert.

miketually
    Free Member

How would these cope with a fairly heavy bike with no horizontal tubes, like the Dutch bikes at http://www.velodarlo.org/the-bikes/ ?

29erKeith
    Free Member

Mike try one of these

chakaping
    Free Member

Not the most secure/versatile clamp, but does the job OK.

Not something I'd leave set up all the time, as it's quite vulnerable to knocks, but it does fold down pretty small for tucking away in the corner.

br
    Free Member

get the Park, strong enough to spin a heavy MTB upside down (don't ask)

jacksta
    Free Member

my clamp broke. its ok for adjusting gears but I end up propping the front wheel on something to stop it moving too much, hence no good for anything you need to move the front for. Either that or you end up with the wheel off.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle SpinDoctor workstand – any good?’ is closed to new replies.