Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wiggle Rough Ride Saturday
  • timnwild

It was a blast, despite 3 punctures for me and about the same for everyone else, judging by the amount of trailside stops I saw. We also helped one broken chain, one pinch flat, and if you’re the fella with the suspected collar-bone fracture near the Findon car park, hope you’re alright mate. Ditto the bloke with the twanged foot.

Great atmosphere though – cheers to everyone who was there.

singletrackmind

Worked in the morning helping out with the car parking then got underway at 0920 aiming to ride the longest route. Approx 5 miles in my Eggbeater pedal decided enough was enough . Stopped and oiled it but 2 miles later it fell off.
    Fortunatly my friend was at feed station#1 and lent me pedals and shoes.
    Now inspired with 2 working pedals and flapjacks off I went and had a pretty good ride round. Also saw the guy with his arm in a triangular bandage, hope he wasnt too badly hurt.

Zero punctures but fresh Stans and tubless probably saved the day.

Got round in 3hr 50 which was OK considering the faffage with the pedals. Spent most of the ride swapping places with the Polish women from Wiggle , boy can they climb but a 575 is more stable on the downhilly bits.

phil40
    Free Member

I did the short route, it was my first ever sportive and wasn’t sure my very low levels of fitness would cope with anything else!

I had a great time, although when I got to the feed station I was glad I was taking the short route back 🙂 I managed to ride all of the climbs which is an achievement for me 🙂

Loved the feed station but I had to drag myself away so I didn’t put weight on over the course of the ride! The pistachio nuts were a favourite, but how you are supposed to have them whilst riding I wasn’t sure.

I have bought the season ticket and I can’t wait for the next one, there is no short option though next time so I have extra incentive to get t and ride a bit more 🙂

lotus777
    Free Member

was a great day out. my legs are still aching from that climb towards the end I think. Good mix of riding with rooty bits, slidy mud sections and fast downhills. looking forward to the next one !
    Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Rough Ride Saturday’ is closed to new replies.