Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Wiggle out of it.
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Wiggle. Now there’s a company that I won’t be using again.

beej

For balance, I think they are great and I’ll use them much more in the future.

scaredypants

not been the same since they stopped doing Jonnies

mikewsmith
    Free Member

there are 3 sides to every story…
    Your Side
    Their Side
    The Truth – normally somewhere between the 2 others….

for balance I won’t be using Woolworths again, they ran out of cola bottles once

mikey74
    Free Member

I ordered some new 105 pedals on Sunday afternoon (everywhere else they were £80-90, Wiggle were £55): They arrived Monday morning.

I’d say that’s pretty good.

legend
    Free Member

Vague look-at-me thread is vague

mrblobby
    Free Member

The amount of stuff I’ve ordered from them and had no problems with, I’d recommend them. Their returns have also been very good.

devash
    Free Member

Is this some sort of reverse psychology advertisement thread?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

They stopped sending me Haribo in my orders for some reason. I figured it was a company change of policy but then my mate ordered something the other day and got a packet. What have I done wrong?

bodgy
    Free Member

I’m not saying that they aren’t prompt at delivery. But if there’s a problem; good luck.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You OK hun? 🙁 ❓

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was it an mx5?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Greggs. Now there’s a shop I will be using again.

bodgy
    Free Member

It went like this.

-Ordered a Brooks B3 leather bag as a gift for my wife for our anniversary (3 years = leather). Prompt delivery, reasonable price.

-Gave present to wife, after anniversary dinner, immediately broke. Awksies. Especially as she loved it (one of the rivets was faulty on the main strap/Brooks logo).

– Returned bag to Wiggle using supplied returns label, expecting a replacement.

– Email from Wiggle stating that they’d returned bag to Brooks ‘for inspection’.

Then . . . . nothing. For a month. Until I message wiggle, only to receive a ‘How did you return the bag? have you got a tracking number?’ email.

Almost like it’s my fault that there was a problem.

Hence the ‘Wiggle out of it’ tag. I, personally, don’t think that this is acceptable level of customer service nor time-frame. Ok, the fault may lie with Brooks, but the vendor was Wiggle, so they carry the can.

weeksy

I bought something, it was wrong, i sent it back using their free postage, it took 8 days…

8 days is excessive IMO but not a complete disaster.

I’d use them again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So you picked up the phone and called them and they said?

bodgy
    Free Member

A month is definitely excessive, IMHO, especially when they have my money. I find the whole dealing with issues such as this by email to be deeply inefficient – could have been resolved with a quick phone call. Hence, I’m gonna use suppliers that have a human face in future.

minley1
    Free Member

Perhaps they too did not like fact that a grown man would use the word ‘Awksies’

bodgy
    Free Member

@mikewsmith – That’s the whole point – they don’t have a call centre, apparently. Just have to turgidly exchange emails with a variety of ‘support’ staff.

And, in answer to your question, I have told them that the level of customer service is unacceptable, as is the time frame, and I have requested a complete refund. Fairly simple to resolve, wouldn’t you say?

bodgy
    Free Member

@mlnley1 – LOL! What the cluck was I thinking?

wwaswas

You could always switch to CRC.

Oh, hang on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So to clarify what you said, the received the return and then it was lost on the way to Brooks? Definitely cause for a refund or replacement. I can see how the time stacks up though if you allow a week for each leg before you chase it then it’s plausible.

beej

And why not put the story in the first post? What is this, Facebook?

Drac

We do not currently offer a call centre facility, however if you get in touch via the Contact Us form a customer service representative will be happy to call you back upon request.

boxelder

Why do you need a tracking number? You have an email from them stating they’ve returned it to Brooks.

Gotama
    Free Member

Bought loads from Wiggle, always been very efficient. Had to return a couple of things because of issues (Schwalbe One tyre and some Northwave shoes) which were both solved very easily.

Moses

The advantage of email is that there’s a record of the communication. Yocan both prove dates etc. Much better than forgotten phone calls.

bodgy
    Free Member

@boxelder – Yup, I pointed that out to them.

@beej – apologies. will do in future.

@drac – yup, requested that, nothing so far.

GavinB

No, I’m sorry, this isn’t clear.

Wiggle returned the item to Brooks, and then what happened to it?

Then . . . . nothing. For a month. Until I message wiggle, only to receive a ‘How did you return the bag? have you got a tracking number?’ email.

Almost like it’s my fault that there was a problem.

Just show them the email they sent you saying that the bag was on its way to Brooks, and let them deal with it. They will. I’ve had similar issues from time to time, and they do deal with it extremely well.

Better than flouncing off on STW…

mindmap3
    Free Member

They’re usually OK but when things do go wrong, it is a pain trying to sort it because you can’t actually speak to anyone.

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

there are 3 sides to every story…
    Your Side
    Their Side
    The Truth

You are Gary Cherone and I claim my £5

franksinatra

Whenever I get a Wiggle package my kids physically fight me to steal the Haribo.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

This isn’t making me feel better. I must have done something to upset them but I just don’t know what it is. I’ve tried talking to them about it but can I find a bloody number to call them on? No. They just hide behind the anonymity of their website and point and laugh at me, sat there all alone with no Haribo.

bodgy
    Free Member

@Paul@RTW -Hahahaha! Yup, that about sums it up. In fairness, they did send Haribo. But I don’t like Haribo, so I sent them back too.

Obviously, I would like to be able to report back that it’s all been swiftly and courteously resolved. That is still an option, so we’ll see . . .

fasthaggis

They are probably searching for a golden rivet,I have heard that can take a while.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I know I am risking blaming the victim here, but why let it go on for a month?

PJ266
    Free Member

Honestly they are too big now to have stuff like this happen, just keep pestering in a polite manner and I’m sure it’ll get resolved for you.

bodgy
    Free Member

@ bongo hooha A fortnight or so seemed par, given the courier factor. Then I was away for a week or so. A month is a month, and to my mind is unacceptable.

Ultimately though, is it my job as a consumer to line-manage their returns protocols? Probably not.

iainc

always had good service from them.

My only slight gripe is the time they now take to process refunds – used to be a few days, now more like 10 days or more from dropping it off at a CollectPlus place to getting the refund processed email

geordiepaul
    Free Member

They’ve already been brilliant with me.

However I sent them a cracked seatpost (special delivery and it’s been signed for) two weeks ago after exchanging several emails and photos. I followed it up a week ago and then several times since and I’ve not heard anything. Not too bothered at the moment but we’ll see how it goes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle out of it.’ is closed to new replies.