• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ybot.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wiggle MTB events (Specifically "Ups and Downs")
  • kraftyone
    Free Member

Anyone done one? looking at possibly going to the 32 mile Ups and Downs in April and just wanted to see what peoples experiences were before pulling the trigger!

Cheers

g5604
    Free Member

They are well organised by the routes are pretty dull.

petey83
    Free Member

As g5604 said, they are very well organised in terms of signage, feed stations, timing, etc. I would try and get out as early as possible to avoid the crowds. The most frustrating thing about the Ups and Downs event is cycling so close to good trails but not being able to ride them (rightly so). There is a wide range of abilities doing these events.

My only problem with these events is the sheer volume of riders who do them these days. I doubt it is doing much good for MTBer/residents relations in the area. I know some participants had an argument with a resident who was blocking the bridleway gate outside his house one year.

kraftyone
    Free Member

Sounds like money better spent on a weekend trip to afan/cwm carn then as Dorking is 3 hours drive for us, where as I can get to Afan in 2.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

definitely

ybot
    Free Member

Or just ask a local to guide you on a 32 mile route taking in the best bits at no cost other than perhaps a beer, tea and cake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle MTB events (Specifically "Ups and Downs")’ is closed to new replies.