Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wiggle kills my browser? (safari)
  • somafunk

Why does wiggle kill my safari browser?,

Every time i try and go onto the wiggle site it locks up my browser, the wiggle pics take an age to load and if i try and click onto another tab i get the message that “webpages are not responding, to force reload…etc” .

It’s bloody annoying, and it’s only wiggle that does this.

jodafett

Its awful on my iPad as well.

somafunk

Ah well, guess it’s for the best as i was going to buy a castelli rain jacket that i prob would only wear a few times and when realisation hits me that i don’t enjoy riding in the rain I’d just end up flogging it at a great loss on the classifieds.

Cheers wiggle, you’ve just saved me some money that i can now spend on beer.

😀

nickharv

Using Safari on my MacBook Pro and Wiggle loads ok for me. Have you tried resetting Safari?

somafunk

Yeah, that’s one of the first things i tried along with emptying the cache to begin with but it makes no difference – as soon as open the wiggle site the fan in my macbook kicks in and all my other open tabs initially go blank when i click on them, and after a few seconds they pop back to life.

The wiggle site has been like this for a while and it’s the only site that i have ever had an issue with, no great loss – there’s plenty of other bike retail websites to waste my money on.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Safari is the worst part of owning a mac. Chrome fixes all…

Slogo
    Free Member

have you looked at activity monitor. check cpu and memory. might have something big using it all up.

somafunk

Chrome is part of the Google mass experiment scheme so no thanks to using that, i’ll continue to sit here in my tin foil hat, tin foil boots and use Safari.

Checked activity monitor etc – nothing apparently out of the normal going on, been using macs since 97 so i know my way around them and it is just the wiggle website, no great loss to me……I ended up browsing the Castelli Cafe website, bought a pair of cheap Leggenda gloves for my winter commute to work, along with a side swipe detour to the swrve website to get a pair of the winter soft-shell 3/4 trousers and a Belgian cut winter windstopper cap.

Kind of wish i managed to get onto wiggle as i would prob have spent far less, 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle kills my browser? (safari)’ is closed to new replies.