Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wiggle issue
  • summitchilterns
    Free Member

Just after some advice here guys… I bought a Tacx roller for my brother for Christmas and he wasn’t happy with it so it has been returned. Wiggle are saying that as it wasn’t faulty they will only offer an 80% refund. Seems a bit harsh to me especially given the distance selling (now consumer contracts reg’s act) around rights to cancel etc

Anyone offer any advice / thoughts?

Happy new Year to you all too!

Thanks 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did he use it before returning it?

Never had any problems with Wiggle returns before, they are usually very good. Though I’ve always returned things unused and as I received them.

simon_g

Did you pay for the return postage/courier, or did Wiggle?

Their T&Cs say that frames, turbos and trailers have a £20 charge for return courier, which they’re entitled to do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    summitchilterns
    Free Member

My brother set it up and got on it for 20 sec’s before deciding it was dangerous and will be buying a turbo trainer instead. He paid the postage too…

Thanks for your thoughts…

aP
    Free Member

If he’s used it then its second hand – he tried it for a whole 20 seconds? Yes, must be dangerous.

mrblobby
    Free Member

20 sec’s before deciding it was dangerous

Rollers always feel like this when you first try them. Doesn’t take long to get the hang of it though.

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys… I’ll see how we get on!…

nickc

a whole 20secs 😯

wow

summitchilterns
    Free Member

@nickc – thanks for the constructive comments… really useful… personally I don’t really care as I didn’t use it and don’t use one, I’m happy with a turbo trainer…

cp

Lucky that they offered 80%, i’m surprised they offered anything at all.

stumpy01

80% refund sounds pretty good going to me, given that he set it all up and used it, before deciding to send it back.
    It’s not like they are receiving it back in ‘as new’ condition and can just stick it back on the shelf to be sold to the next punter.

PJ266
    Free Member

Lucky that they offered 80%, i’m surprised they offered anything at all.

Agreed, sounds very fair as they are now second hand essentially.

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I have passed it over to my brother to deal!…. 😆

scaredypants

Fair enough, they’re within the terms of their policy and the law but the same shop does also offer a free 30-day test-ride service for bikes, which makes a 20 second test ride for indoor rollers seem a bit tight (assuming no damage and probably virtually no evidence of use other than breached packaging)

Short-sighted too – probably losing a customer over this, I’d guess

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle issue’ is closed to new replies.