Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wiggle – Focus Cayo 105 ? Or alternatives ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone got one – opinions ?

sorry for all the darkside posts – i'm just investigating options….

any other recommendations welcomed 😀

cp

yes, I have one – have had it for about 2 months now. It's FAB! really good handling, the front end is so stiff turning into corners, it's really confidence inspiring! frame is stiff in acceleration, but not overly harsh. i run about 110-120 psi in the tyres and it's fine on messy sheffield and peak district roads.

watch the sizing – a large focus is more like a medium in anyone elses – in fact, an XL focus has virtually identical geometry to Large boardman/planet-x but without such a sloping top tube.

others to look out for – planet-x builds with SRAM rival and nice wheels at the moment for 999. That's a really good price, and if they were doing that deal 2 months ago, I'd have gone for that. having said that, i'm more than happy with the cayo and don't feel i want anything else at the moment. Next year i'll probably buy some superlight weight wheels and tyres for racing triathlons with, but as it stands, i'm training and racing on it very happily.

the service from wiggle has been great, and i've spent quite a bit more with them since.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I looked at the cayo and in the end plumped for a ribble. see my post in your other thread 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle – Focus Cayo 105 ? Or alternatives ?’ is closed to new replies.